Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

General protocols for life

Started by zarus tathra, December 31, 2013, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

Let's come up with some secular "life tips."

Drink 3+ liters of water per day.

If you feel that you hate a quality of someone else, reflect on how you may or may not mirror that quality or tendency yourself. This isn't necessarily a "practice what you preach" thing, since it's very possible that you do not possess that quality yourself at all. If you possess this quality, you may end up identifying with that person more. If you do not possess this quality, then you may end up understanding why you dislike that person more intimately. Either way, you will come to a better understanding of yourself. And I think that by coming to this understanding, you will end up subtly influencing the behavior of others by unconsciously leading by example.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

stromboli

antediluvian

Let go of anger.
Anger makes you stupid.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

mykcob4

Above all else be aware of your environment, physically, mentally, emotionally, and act accordingly.

aitm

Quote from: "zarus tathra"Let's come up with some secular "life tips."

Drink 3+ liters of water per day.
:-s
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

mykcob4

I wonder how life tips could be anything but secular. Religious request are always demands of blindfaith obedience.

Insult to Rocks

Well here's one I live by: don't be afraid of dying, and never let fear get in the way of your life. Half as long, but twice as bright, right?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Aroura33

Enjoy today, for tomorrow might not come.  Sounds trite, but I think it is a pretty important rule for living.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

stromboli

Learn to listen to people without interrupting them.

Thumpalumpacus

Principles I live by:

I will not lie, cheat, nor steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.

Forgiveness is the key to the good life: when I've wronged someone, I will ask for forgiveness; when someone has wronged me, I will forgive them.

I will understand the limits of my power, and work to change what I can.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Hydra009

A few at random:

Never trust a skinny cook.  (don't trust what people say, trust what people do)

Never pet a burning dog.  (be heedful of danger, assess a situation before acting)

Do what you are, don't be what you do.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Well here's one I live by: don't be afraid of dying, and never let fear get in the way of your life.
I go by a similar saying:  fear of death is worse than death.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Principles I live by:

I will not lie, cheat, nor steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.

Forgiveness is the key to the good life: when I've wronged someone, I will ask for forgiveness; when someone has wronged me, I will forgive them.

I will understand the limits of my power, and work to change what I can.
So when do you plan to do this. I haven't seen it yet.

mykcob4

I see talking about fear. The fearless rarely if ever talk about fear. I fear nothing so I don't dwell on it.

FrankDK

1.  Don't hurt others unnecessarily.

2.  Don't be too easily hurt by others.

3.  Leave every place you go better than it was when you got there.

Frank