Texas law makes a dead woman's corpse carry fetus to term

Started by aileron, December 31, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

as mean as it sounds it would only be fitting it the kid came out a toad and we could hold it up to the tea-party and say. Yippee! Now we can pay for its life for ever and ever until god kills it. Good sound financial planning.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Quote from: "stromboli"Aand just who is paying the hospital bills?

Why would anyone have to pay the bills?   Dead people don't pay debts.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

wolf39us

Quote from: "Jason78"

Nope, but their families will.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"I'm sort of morbidly curious as to how the kid would even turn out. From the article it says the mom was without oxygen for about an hour, so I wonder if the kid would be able to recover from such, or would he/she be mentally retarded provided he/she even lived at all.
I've been wondering the same thing. This kid could be extremely messed up, but theres no way to know. An abortion might very well be the gentler option.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

frosty

As a male I will always maintain my stand that abortion is the right for women to choose. Unfortunately this world still has a lot of repressive male shitheads that think they can abuse and subjugate women all because they rule over them and gaaaaaaawd said they could. I yearn for the day that such men are tossed into the dustbin of history.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "Shiranu""Abortions are terrible, how could you possibly take this poor child's life? Every fetus is sacred!"

"...............unless the mother is on life support, in which case who really gives a shit about the fetus?"

Good to see conservative lawmakers are staying consistent on their moral outrage over the "murder" of unborn children. Oh, wait...

This does not seem to connect with the article? In the article they are consistent in this moral outrage... it's the parents who want to take her off life support and end the fetus' life with the mother's. The conservatives are trying to keep the fetus alive despite this.

Oh I misread it, thought it said lawmaker's supported it. Nvm.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mykcob4

Quote from: "aitm"as mean as it sounds it would only be fitting it the kid came out a toad and we could hold it up to the tea-party and say. Yippee! Now we can pay for its life for ever and ever until god kills it. Good sound financial planning.
Could you imagine if the kid became a mass murderer? He/she grows up in Texas, gets all the guns, alcohol, and Bruce Willis movies it can possibly take, goes to a evangelical megachurch that preaches hate and prejudice, and because Texas teaches revissionist history and pseudo-science, he/she embarks on a mission from gawd and starts killing everything in sight. Of course the opposite could happen and the kid could grow up and find a cure for teapartyism!

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

Rex Rgis Verum

Can we give Texas back to Mexico/Spain yet? I'll gladly chip in a few bucks for a repurchase.
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Rex Rgis Verum"Can we give Texas back to Mexico/Spain yet? I'll gladly chip in a few bucks for a repurchase.

If you sell us, give us to Spain please. That way I can get a EU citizenship.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason78

Quote from: "wolf39us"
Quote from: "Jason78"

Nope, but their families will.
They can do that in America?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

FrankDK

> Can we give Texas back to Mexico/Spain yet? I'll gladly chip in a few bucks for a repurchase.

Let them succeed, as they keep threatening.  We'll still build the wall; it will just be between Texas and Oklahoma instead of between Texas and Mexico.

Frank

FrankDK

Welcome to Nazi Germany.  Please set your watches back 70 years.

Frank

GalacticBusDriver

Every time I see one of those stupid Texas Tourism board advertisements, "Texas, it's like a whole other country!" I ask myself, "Why don't we make it one?"

Seriously, why don't the fuckers just secede and name their new country "Jesusland?"

Shir, Spain and the EU wouldn't take Texas if we gave it to them.
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

the_antithesis

Perhaps they should also pass a law that says they must remove life support from Texas lawmakers.