The "Bleep Nick Saban in the Bleep" Bowl

Started by stromboli, December 27, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

I love this time of year. I love the way they start out the bowl games with the "WTF teams are this" bowls, showcasing all the teams you never heard of that somehow didn't get their coaches fired (yet) versus the team that did get their coaches fired, post game. BYU is playing Washington, that kind of game. I love that BYU's coach is named "Bronco". Wow, imagine serving a mission with that name. He didn't knock on doors, he knocked them down.

I love that the game that was a given going in, a rematch with Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, got derailed on both sides. After he lost to Auburn, his hated nemesis, he threw his team under the bus in the news conference. Waah. At least Urban Meyer showed a little class.

So now we got Auburn vs Florida State, a quarterback whose name I don't remember versus "I didn't rape nobody" Jameis Winston. Heisman Trophy? Natch. Moral character?  Naah, we talkin' FOOTBALL!  =D>

So we start out with the "we never heard of you" bowls like the "Mel's Chicken and Dumplings Bowl" and eventually get to the big dance. I dub this, the final BCS championship, the "Fuck Nick Saban in the Ass" bowl.

Happy holidays, y'all.  :-D

mykcob4

Quote from: "stromboli"I love this time of year. I love the way they start out the bowl games with the "WTF teams are this" bowls, showcasing all the teams you never heard of that somehow didn't get their coaches fired (yet) versus the team that did get their coaches fired, post game. BYU is playing Washington, that kind of game. I love that BYU's coach is named "Bronco". Wow, imagine serving a mission with that name. He didn't knock on doors, he knocked them down.

I love that the game that was a given going in, a rematch with Urban Meyer and Nick Saban, got derailed on both sides. After he lost to Auburn, his hated nemesis, he threw his team under the bus in the news conference. Waah. At least Urban Meyer showed a little class.

So now we got Auburn vs Florida State, a quarterback whose name I don't remember versus "I didn't rape nobody" Jameis Winston. Heisman Trophy? Natch. Moral character?  Naah, we talkin' FOOTBALL!  =D>

So we start out with the "we never heard of you" bowls like the "Mel's Chicken and Dumplings Bowl" and eventually get to the big dance. I dub this, the final BCS championship, the "Fuck Nick Saban in the Ass" bowl.

I hate the bowl games. Bowls named for greedy corproations that celebrate self-entitledness and nothing more. It isn't about the game, or character, or anything worthwhile. The players don't get paid but they provide 90% of the university income.

stromboli

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "stromboli"I love this time of year. I love the way they start out the bowl games with the "WTF teams are this" bowls, showcasing all the teams you never heard of that somehow didn't get their coaches fired (yet) versus the team that did get their coaches fired, post game. BYU is playing Washington, that kind of game. I love that BYU's coach is named "Bronco". Wow, imagine serving a mission with that name. He didn't knock on doors, he knocked them down.

I hate the bowl games. Bowls named for greedy corproations that celebrate self-entitledness and nothing more. It isn't about the game, or character, or anything worthwhile. The players don't get paid but they provide 90% of the university income.

Yeah, the whole thing is a scam. The part I like is when the icons- Saban, Meyer- get kicked off their pedestals. Used to respect Saban until the news conference after the Auburn game. What an ass.

mykcob4

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "mykcob4"

Yeah, the whole thing is a scam. The part I like is when the icons- Saban, Meyer- get kicked off their pedestals. Used to respect Saban until the news conference after the Auburn game. What an ass.
My diehard football fanatic friend hates Saban, loves Meyer, but hates the ultimate ass of them all Pete Carroll. I dispise them all for what they represent as much as who they really are. When a football game is more important than the school lunch program then our priorities are severely askew. No highschool football coach should make more than the science teacher or the math teacher. Infact they should make a great deal less than any academic. I love sporst. Played sports. Lettered in 4 sports in highschool, Football, Baseball, Basketball and Track. I know that those sports are not as important as even the home economics classes that were taught in school. Oh sure some of those kids will be millionaires someday, but some drug dealers become millionaires. It doesn't mean that we should glorify them or give them credibility that they don't deserve. Some say that sports is character building. I say Pshaw!!!!! When I look at Pete Rose or Barry Bonds, or any of the top professional atheletes, I can clearly state that they have no character save the bad character that they have been taught as a result of buying into their self-entitled bullshit!

SGOS

I remember years ago the first time I heard the term "bowl" used in this way.  I think it was the Rose Bowl.  It struck me as an odd way to identify a football game.  Somebody was going to the Rose Bowl.  I gathered it was important for a team to go to the Rose Bowl.  I think it was probably important to win there, but from what I gathered, the real pride came from going to the bowl.  Then a couple years later, I heard of the Orange Bowl, followed by a Sugar Bowl.  Apparently, we need more bowls.  But if it were up to me, I would just have a World Series or a tournament.

Shiranu

I know you are speaking English,  but i haven't understood a thing...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

The bowl games show you just how embedded our universities are in the money making process. They take pains to show commercials about other aspects of their colleges, but no one thinks of Alabama as anything but a football factory. And the bowls are the primary money makers for them, so naturally they buy into it, not to mention the means for their corporate sponsors to hawk their products. But since more and more sports venues are named after corporate sponsors, it is an inevitable result of the whole process.

It is commercial as fuck, no question. This is the last year of the BCS contract. We'll see what follows, but I don't think it will be an improvement.

aitm

The only game I was thinking about watching was Michigan but they don't play till 10:30 tonight and by then I won't even be able to post in the "are you drunk" thread anymore, much less watch a ballgame.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"The only game I was thinking about watching was Michigan but they don't play till 10:30 tonight and by then I won't even be able to post in the "are you drunk" thread anymore, much less watch a ballgame.

:shock:

aitm

yeah..: goodbye party for daughter and grandkid.... me making my "infamous" shish-k-bobs..... family of good time drinkers....starting around noon......big time.....much laugh....late fun......morning boo-hoo
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Infamous shish kabobs? Jeez, don't leave us hanging.

aitm

quite simple, teriyaki marinated rib-eyes cut into size of course, then chicken marinated in a lime chipolte and slap em together with onion and pepps. along with grilled veggies soaked in honey balsamic vinegar.