sophia

So here is a new anime new flash. Here are the animes that I saw last month

Kill la kill.
darker than black
mari and gali
revolutionary girl utena
diabolik love
and now I'm watching sailer moon

So folks what is the latest anime you saw. And what was the best anime this year and the worst.

GrinningYMIR

*repeat post*
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Does avatar count as an anime? I know it's sort of a hybridization of Japanese and American artwork. Either way it's one of my favorite cartoons, I ate up each episode with a huge passion.

Oh, and katara was the reason I became more attracted to darker skinned women :3

So that's the best I've seen recently, as I watched a few episodes the other day

The worst was bobobobobobo
Not going into it
Just filled with fail
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Does avatar count as an anime? I know it's sort of a hybridization of Japanese and American artwork. Either way it's one of my favorite cartoons, I ate up each episode with a huge passion.

Oh, and katara was the reason I became more attracted to darker skinned women :3

So that's the best I've seen recently, as I watched a few episodes the other day

The worst was bobobobobobo
Not going into it
Just filled with fail
I like avatar too did you also watch the legend of kora?
I dont know the anime bobobobo

GrinningYMIR

Never watched the new series, but I might buy the comics that continue the original one.

Consider yourself lucky you don't know the other one, it would kill you on it

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Never watched the new series, but I might buy the comics that continue the original one.

Consider yourself lucky you don't know the other one, it would kill you on it
The legend of kora is a great new avatar serie I have watch 2 seasons already I love that show. I'm watching sailor moon now,1 of my childhood anime

wolf39us

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Does avatar count as an anime?

No, no... and again NO!

Avatar has about as much "anime" like features as Teen Titans.

sophia

Quote from: "wolf39us"

No, no... and again NO!

So what was your favorite anime this year?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "wolf39us"

No, no... and again NO!

yeah. what Wolf said.

It's not even dubbed!!!

Nonsensei

Leseee...

Suisei no Gargantia: Started out real strong, and by the middle of the season the show was in a really good place where it could have become something legendary. But sadly, it squandered that potential on a plot line nobody but the creator liked and an ending that was deeply unsatisfying.

Ars Nova: Pretty much word for word the same problem as Suisei no Gargantia, with the added infuriating issue of never having explained anything.

[spoil:1jpx9m1v]This made me so fucking mad. Theres these fucking ALIEN SHIPS that appear OUT OF NOWHERE and imitate modern naval combat vessels. They are basically controlled by artificial intelligences that follow orders to cut humanity off from the oceans...by someone. We never find out why these ships appeared, who sent them, or what they meant to accomplish by sending them. NEVER. Not even the smallest hint. We never find out why Iona, one of the main characters and an alien ship AI, doesn't have to follow the orders the rest of her kin do. We never even fucking see the vibration warhead in action, which is the fucking thing that Iona and her captain are trying to transport across the ocean for the WHOLE FUCKING SEASON. I was so let down by the way this show ended that I feel like throwing up.[/spoil:1jpx9m1v]

Kill la kill: Blech. Its like they wanted to be Tengen Toppa Guren Lagaan but to be blunt the setting is far less interesting. Theres no emotional investment in this show. Its just super powered fighters wailing on eachother. I managed to make it to episode 7 before I gave up in disgust. It was the creator's job to make me care and he failed.

Log Horizon: I cant really put into specific words why I like this show so much but I do. Theres nothing too amazing about it. Its way more happy go lucky than the last show that shared its premise (Sword Art Online). But for some reason I really want to see what happens to these people. They better not disappoint me with the ending.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

sophia

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Leseee...

Suisei no Gargantia: Started out real strong, and by the middle of the season the show was in a really good place where it could have become something legendary. But sadly, it squandered that potential on a plot line nobody but the creator liked and an ending that was deeply unsatisfying.

Ars Nova: Pretty much word for word the same problem as Suisei no Gargantia, with the added infuriating issue of never having explained anything.

[spoil:1yljljnk]This made me so fucking mad. Theres these fucking ALIEN SHIPS that appear OUT OF NOWHERE and imitate modern naval combat vessels. They are basically controlled by artificial intelligences that follow orders to cut humanity off from the oceans...by someone. We never find out why these ships appeared, who sent them, or what they meant to accomplish by sending them. NEVER. Not even the smallest hint. We never find out why Iona, one of the main characters and an alien ship AI, doesn't have to follow the orders the rest of her kin do. We never even fucking see the vibration warhead in action, which is the fucking thing that Iona and her captain are trying to transport across the ocean for the WHOLE FUCKING SEASON. I was so let down by the way this show ended that I feel like throwing up.[/spoil:1yljljnk]

Kill la kill: Blech. Its like they wanted to be Tengen Toppa Guren Lagaan but to be blunt the setting is far less interesting. Theres no emotional investment in this show. Its just super powered fighters wailing on eachother. I managed to make it to episode 7 before I gave up in disgust. It was the creator's job to make me care and he failed.

Log Horizon: I cant really put into specific words why I like this show so much but I do. Theres nothing too amazing about it. Its way more happy go lucky than the last show that shared its premise (Sword Art Online). But for some reason I really want to see what happens to these people. They better not disappoint me with the ending.
I do like Kill la kill. Log horizon what kind of anime is it?

GrinningYMIR

I also like star blazers and robotech, they're old however.

There was also another one I used to watch late at night, I can't remember the name; but there was a lot of AI stuff and some terrorist named laughing jack.

Had a really good theme song, but I couldn't understand the plot line. It came on after inuyasha which though I watched it, wasn't quite my taste

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I also like star blazers and robotech, they're old however.

There was also another one I used to watch late at night, I can't remember the name; but there was a lot of AI stuff and some terrorist named laughing jack.

Had a really good theme song, but I couldn't understand the plot line. It came on after inuyasha which though I watched it, wasn't quite my taste
What kind of anime was starblazer?

GrinningYMIR

It was early, made in the 70s I thibk

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"It was early, made in the 70s I thibk
whats the story?