birthday partys and partys in general and autism

Started by sophia, December 22, 2013, 11:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophia

I had my second birthday party with family, it was fun but I wasnt easy for me to held conversation. But fortunately the group wanst that big. I cant handle big group partys, I always look foward towards them but after a while, I'm losing like a loybster, I cant handle roomes wich has to much people especaly when I just have to sit there. So yea the party was fun but not for a everyday basis. So what do you folks think of big group partys, can talk in a big group easy ore do you prever a 1 on 1 talk ore do you prever to have just a couple of people at your party

sorry for the sudden random talk

GrinningYMIR

I don't do parties, I like small get togethers if I do celebrate it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I don't do parties, I like small get togethers if I do celebrate it
Same thing here. I dont like big partys to many people, especaly since I'm an autist. My head gets bombarted with so many things, wich result with a litle shutdown.

mykcob4

Quote from: "sophia"I had my second birthday party with family, it was fun but I wasnt easy for me to held conversation. But fortunately the group wanst that big. I cant handle big group partys, I always look foward towards them but after a while, I'm losing like a loybster, I cant handle roomes wich has to much people especaly when I just have to sit there. So yea the party was fun but not for a everyday basis. So what do you folks think of big group partys, can talk in a big group easy ore do you prever a 1 on 1 talk ore do you prever to have just a couple of people at your party

Your random talk is called stream on consciousness and there is nothing wrong with it. As for parties I never liked them. Too much pressure, especially if they are formal or for an occassion. I like "get togethers". These are usually spontaneous affairs. Couples that know each other, rarely family things. They are more confortable and the people that are there are people that you know and have something if not a lot in common with.

Thumpalumpacus

I prefer small parties.  I don't like large parties even occasionally; I sure couldn't stand them on a daily basis.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Plu

I don't usually like crowded parties, but I can handle them if the need arises. But my girlfriend has a hard time with them, she can't focus on any conversations for some reason so she's unable to follow what is going on if there's multiple people talking at once. So we do try to avoid them.

sophia

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "sophia"I had my second birthday party with family, it was fun but I wasnt easy for me to held conversation. But fortunately the group wanst that big. I cant handle big group partys, I always look foward towards them but after a while, I'm losing like a loybster, I cant handle roomes wich has to much people especaly when I just have to sit there. So yea the party was fun but not for a everyday basis. So what do you folks think of big group partys, can talk in a big group easy ore do you prever a 1 on 1 talk ore do you prever to have just a couple of people at your party

Your random talk is called stream on consciousness and there is nothing wrong with it. As for parties I never liked them. Too much pressure, especially if they are formal or for an occassion. I like "get togethers". These are usually spontaneous affairs. Couples that know each other, rarely family things. They are more confortable and the people that are there are people that you know and have something if not a lot in common with.
thats true. I have the same feeling as well. I rather have a family party then a party with strangers

sophia

Quote from: "Plu"I don't usually like crowded parties, but I can handle them if the need arises. But my girlfriend has a hard time with them, she can't focus on any conversations for some reason so she's unable to follow what is going on if there's multiple people talking at once. So we do try to avoid them.
I have the same thing here. I cant handle big group conversations but only 1 on 1 talks

GrinningYMIR

I also don't particularly enjoy college parties, went to one a few months back, and though I like pretty girls an such.

I don't like the drinking and barracking that comes with em, or tremendous amounts of people
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

sophia

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I also don't particularly enjoy college parties, went to one a few months back, and though I like pretty girls an such.

I don't like the drinking and barracking that comes with em, or tremendous amounts of people
I didnt like the school partys as well the lastest years

PickelledEggs

Some people just don't like big groups of people and have trouble socializing. Nothing wrong with that  :)

I was at my cousin's house the other day for a christmas party and the entire time I was either spending time with thier dog or my other cousin's toddler. I relate to toddlers better than I relate to grown ups. They are more enjoyable in my opinion. I'm actually really good at socializing with large groups of people, probably my 6 years in retail and sales had something to do with that. But I see what you are saying about not liking parties. the only parties I would go to are ones with my family or occasionally my friend throws a "Drunken N64" party, and I have a hard time turning away semicompetitive N64-ing. Other than that, I turn down parties. I'd rather stay home and relax.

mykcob4

Quote from: "sophia"
Quote from: "mykcob4"

thats true. I have the same feeling as well. I rather have a family party then a party with strangers
I think you kind of misunderstood. I don't like parties with family large or small. I like get togethers with friends and NO family. I don't mind my girl friends family but they are Chinese and I like the Chinese Americans as a rule.

sophia

Solitary

I don't like any get together involving strangers or formal parties. The only time I ever feel lonely is in a large group of strangers. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

sophia

Quote from: "Solitary"I don't like any get together involving strangers or formal parties. The only time I ever feel lonely is in a large group of strangers. Solitary
Same thing here