News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Aliens

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 02:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "stromboli"Whats the matter, didn't daddy give you your Barbie doll? All you've done on here is reproach, condemn and chastise. How many times do you need to be reminded that your actions by your own standards are arrogant and sinful? You can talk infinite regress and any other BS you want but ultimately can't prove. You condemn yourself by your own actions, you sinful little girl.
It is proven. If you want to claim an infinite regress of cause and effects, you would be wrong because you would have already happened having had an eternity to do so.

stromboli

Oh please. This your holiday, you should be celebrating it. The fact you came here all full of fire to condemn, to accuse, to demean and denounce says you didn't get what you wanted for your presents and need to have a hissy fit at somebody you can find a reason to dislike.

We didn't invite you here or find you and attack you. Everything you post here is judgmental and condemning, sinful and condemning of you, not us. Read your own damn scriptures.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "stromboli"Oh please. This your holiday, you should be celebrating it. The fact you came here all full of fire to condemn, to accuse, to demean and denounce says you didn't get what you wanted for your presents and need to have a hissy fit at somebody you can find a reason to dislike.

We didn't invite you here or find you and attack you. Everything you post here is judgmental and condemning, sinful and condemning of you, not us. Read your own damn scriptures.
I rest on the fact that infinite regress and something from nothing are impossible without any challengers.

wolf39us

If something cannot come from nothing, then where did God come from?

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "wolf39us"If something cannot come from nothing, then where did God come from?
Since nature can't come from nothing, it comes from something outside itself, outside time and space, being uncreated.

It is illogical to ask what caused that which is uncreated.

wolf39us

But you just said that something cannot come from nothing, and then said but God can.  

God is somehow not applicable to your rule of "something cannot come from nothing".  But everything else is?

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "wolf39us"But you just said that something cannot come from nothing, and then said but God can.  

God is somehow not applicable to your rule of "something cannot come from nothing".  But everything else is?
Where did I say God comes from nothing?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"I believe him. It seems reasonable.

You believe a lot of shit that probably isn't justifiable, Grace. This is one one of those things. We could reach Alpha Centauri in 40 to 50 years at about 0.1 C using technology currently available. Now there probably isn't an advanced civilization waiting for us there, but to proclaim that Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life is ignorant.

Astronomers estimate 100 billion habitable Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, 50 sextillion in the universe.

That's 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "gracedwithlife"I believe him. It seems reasonable.

You believe a lot of shit that probably isn't justifiable, Grace. This is one one of those things. We could reach Alpha Centauri in 40 to 50 years at about 0.1 C using technology currently available. Now there probably isn't an advanced civilization waiting for us there, but to proclaim that Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life is ignorant.

Astronomers estimate 100 billion habitable Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, 50 sextillion in the universe.

That's 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
Habitable is far different than life on them now.

wolf39us

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "wolf39us"But you just said that something cannot come from nothing, and then said but God can.  

Where did I say God comes from nothing?

Well surely if everything comes from something then God came from something.

Since nothing can come from nothing then God would come from something.  So I ask again, if something cannot come from nothing, then where did God come from?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Habitable is far different than life on them now.

But it only takes 1 additional planet out of 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that supports any type of contiguous living system to make you wrong in this particular instance. I'll take those odds any time.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "wolf39us"Well surely if everything comes from something then God came from something.

Since nothing can come from nothing then God would come from something.  So I ask again, if something cannot come from nothing, then where did God come from?
Not everything comes from something. Everything in nature comes from something. So nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

wolf39us

How convenient.  Everything comes from something, except God... He is uncaused.

And how to we go about proving this wild assumption?

Plu

QuoteEverything in nature comes from something.

Yet nature is everything there is by definition, which means your god cannot exist outside of it.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "wolf39us"How convenient.  Everything comes from something, except God... He is uncaused.

And how to we go about proving this wild assumption?
Start from the point of evidence what you observe.

You observe nature. In nature you see cause and effect. If there was an infinite regress of cause and effect, you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so, so nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space being uncreated.