News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Aliens

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 02:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aileron

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"The documents you are referring to are copies of copies...

You're too painfully ignorant to even know the items to which I'm referring. Copies of copies??  Seriously, dude?  Do you think it was routine to make copies of copies of columns and walls????  WTF?? Clay tablets?  You think they needed to make a bunch of copies of them too?  

Quote...unlike for the NT we have earliest still surviving parchments within a generation of the life of Jesus.

Bullshit.  The oldest agreed upon dating for a papyrus (you don't even know what they used to write on, dude, parchment, lol) fragment (yes, FRAGMENT) is from the mid-second century.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

FrankDK

> Whether you place the books of the NT days or weeks or years or even a decade or two after their events they are still closer to the events written about than for anyone in antiquity.

Not true.  The gospels were written between 90 and 130 AD.  They clearly contain errors.  For example, we have first hand accounts of the cities and towns in Roman-occupied Palestine from tax records and the writings of the Jews.  We know for a fact that Nazareth didn't exist until late in the first century of the Christian calendar, so Jesus couldn't have lived there.  People writing in 90 to 130 AD didn't realize that Nazareth was a new town, and mistakenly incorporated it into their narratives.

The Bible tells us that John the Baptist was executed by the Jews after the supposed time of Jesus' crucifixion.  Yet, the passion story turns on the claim that the Romans had taken away the Jews' authority for capital punishment prior to that.  Clearly, the gospel authors didn't know that the Jews still had capital punishment authority and mistakenly used it as a literary device.

We have first-hand narratives about Jesus ben Pantera, one of the sources of stories about Jesus.  We know the Jews slew Jesus ben Pantera and hung his body from a tree, the standard method of execution for heretics.  Even Acts 5:30 refers to this execution.  ("The god of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hung from a tree."  Directed at the Jews.)  So most of the stories about Jesus found in the NT are based on Jesus ben Pantera, who lived before the traditional time for Jesus of Nazareth.  Others are based on the life of John the Baptist, and yet others on earlier savior-gods like Horus.

I realize that you really, really, REALLY want to believe in this stuff.  But that isn't evidence.

Where is the evidence that Jesus even lived, let alone was resurrected?

Frank

mykcob4

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "gracedwithlife"The documents you are referring to are copies of copies and usually hundreds of years later so that is certainly not contemporary, unlike for the NT we have earliest still surviving parchments within a generation of the life of Jesus.
There are NO surviving parchments of the so-called original new testiment...so you're lying.
And the only documents from the middle east that survived from the 1st century are all Roman documents and some jewish chronicals. None of them even mention a Jesus Christ. Not one. Not even the censuses of the time.
Come on MODS ban this stupid lying troll!
This is common knowledge. There are two NT papyri still surviving from the late first century and about 15 from the 2nd century. In fact, you can quote the entire NT except for 11 verses from the earliest church fathers in the 2nd century.

So there is really no comparison to other figure in antiquity. If you are going to throw out Jesus you have to throw out everyone. But I don't know any scholars or historians who would be as belligerent as you.
That is a flat out lie. Produce these papyri, because it isn't "common knowledge" at all.

aileron

Quote from: "FrankDK"The Bible tells us that John the Baptist was executed by the Jews after the supposed time of Jesus' crucifixion.

Actually, the gospels claim that John the Baptist was executed before Jesus.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

FrankDK

Quote from: "aileron"
Quote from: "FrankDK"The Bible tells us that John the Baptist was executed by the Jews after the supposed time of Jesus' crucifixion.

Actually, the gospels claim that John the Baptist was executed before Jesus.

Yes, you're right.  The gospels differ on whether JtB was already in prison when Peter and Andrew were called, but not relative to Jesus' execution.

Thanks for the catch.  

Frank

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"I just watched a documentary last night on the universe and they said Jupiter is so large that if it got any larger it would have itself turned into a star. But what it does do is shield earth from lots of asteroids that without it life on earth would not exist.

While the troll is gone, if that's an example of the 800 variables then you know the 800 variables are bullshit.

Jupiter is about as large as a planet can get.  Add more mass it simply becomes more dense.  Take away mass it becomes less dense, until it actually starts getting smaller.  Saturn is nearly Jupiter size with about 1/3 the mass.

Jupiter
Equatorial radius 71,492 ± 4 km
Mass 1.8986 × 10^27 kg
Saturn
Equatorial radius 60 268 ± 4 km
Mass 5.6846×10^26 kg

The smallest star, the brown dwarf, is actually quite a bit larger than Jupiter.  The smallest ones are 13 Jupiter Masses.  That means that Jupiter would need to be 13 times larger to be a star to qualify for the 800 variables.  "So large that if it got any larger"?  It would merely be a larger Jupiter.  Even if you combined all four gas giants into one super-Jupiter it still wouldn't be a Brown Dwarf Star.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "aitm"sayo-fucking-naro
Let me guess. Too stupid to live?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "aitm"sayo-fucking-naro
Let me guess. Too stupid to live?
I miss Kimmie. :-(
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

frosty

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Ditto.

It's amazing how delusional you prefer to remain.

I just had to post this:

[youtube:obrnezur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdKr1jlDzW4[/youtube:obrnezur]

St Giordano Bruno

Jesus coming back?  Aliens coming back? reminds me of the old Cargo Cult
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"