The Central Problems for Atheism, and Why Religion is True

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracedwithlife

Reality starts from outside time and space, because God brings time and space into being.

Your limited reality is too narrow minded.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"We can't observe many natural laws because they are hidden from view, beyond our ability to understand, and to observe those laws for eternity into the past is no easy challenge.
You didn't read a damn thing I said.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"God would not be subject to the infinite regress conundrum of nature, because God is outside of nature. And so He doesn't violate anything.
There is no infinite regress if time hasn't started yet. If you understood how space-time works, you would understand this. Since you don't understand how space-time works and are obviously not going to make an effort to do so, let me explain briefly:

Time is a measurable sub-atomic phenomenon. It proceeds at a higher rate with more gravity and less speed, and at a lower rate with less gravity and more speed. At lightspeed, time stops. Since the Big Bang is thought of as a singularity at which point time started, there quite literally was no time until the Big Bang. Consequently, there is nothing "before" the Big Bang, as that would require time having started (which it had not).

As for what caused the singularity to exist, the answer is, "We don't know," not, "We don't know, therefore God did it."

Edit: Got some terms ass-backward.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Reality starts from outside time and space, because God brings time and space into being.

The only person with a narrow view is the one who doesn't understand how space-time works. That would be you, by the way.

sasuke

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"You can't apply God to eternal regress because that implies time, and God exists outside of time and space.
and existence

wolf39us

You're asking us to accept the premise that God is eternal.  We as Atheists do not believe in God ergo we do not believe he is eternal ergo we do not accept your premise.

Before moving onto speculation, get the "God exists" part settled!

Shiranu

QuoteBut the universe can't always have existed as was said in the opening post...

You can say that all you want, just like I can say I am a multi-billionaire playboy. Doesn't make it any more true.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Rex Rgis Verum

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Reality starts from outside time and space, because God brings time and space into being.

I believe it is you with the narrow mindedness. You appear to take the position of "I don't know; therefore, God did it." God of the Gaps is a logical fallacy, by the way.
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.

PickelledEggs

:popcorn:

let the christmas shit-show cometh. This will be fun to watch.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"There is no infinite regress if time hasn't started yet.
There is no infinite regress if time has started.

gracedwithlife

I am of the firm belief that since time started, then time needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated and this is Whom we call God.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"There is no infinite regress if time hasn't started yet.
There is no infinite regress if time has started.
Which it did. At the Big Bang.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"I am of the firm belief that since time started, then time needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated and this is Whom we call God.
[youtube:1kkum5bd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/youtube:1kkum5bd]
Just because there is no time doesn't mean shit wasn't going on inside the singularity. Things have to be moving for there to be no time, after all. Having the Big Bang result from this does not require an outside cause. In fact, the cause of the Big Bang is being looked into as we speak, and it most definitely is not an outside cause.

You really don't understand how space-time works, do you?

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"it most definitely is not an outside cause.
You propose a timeless natureless singularity brought time and space into existence, but that's what we claim God did.

Which is correct? Singularity vs. God.

We know God did it because the lesser cannot create the greater; that is, mindlessness can't create a mind which is greater because it has self-consciousness and God-consciousness and morals.

hrdlr110

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Or does it mean the universe or universes always existed in past?

And if there is an infinite past of universe(s) that equally makes no sense to me because you would have had an eternity of the past to come into being before now so you should have already existed.
Are atheists mad?

And maybe we have already existed billions upon billions of times already. And maybe each time we evolve to a different level than the last depending upon how long it takes for universes to collide, and make us extinct.  I can be on board with an infinite universe long before buying the old smelly god shit you're serving up. I wouldn't even want your stupid fucking god as a wingman........wait, he'd be able to chicks thoughts wouldn't he? And he'd know their favorite drink without my having to ask huh? Ok, he's in as my wingman, but as a god he can get fucked!!!!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "hrdlr110"And maybe we have already existed billions upon billions of times already.
The you that you are now in this moment is the only moment you will be in this moment so it could not happen before.

Thus, infinite regress is impossible. God did it.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"It's illogical to ask where God came from if He always existed.

It's illogical to start with the assumption of what you want to prove.