News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do we start posting?

Started by gracedwithlife, December 24, 2013, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"We atheist didn't make up a god, we just believe in the one you made up.

Wut?
<insert witty aphorism here>

gracedwithlife

The burden is on you because you are making the extraordinary claim God does not exist.

Sal1981

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"The burden is on you because you are making the extraordinary claim God does not exist.
We do? Where?

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "gracedwithlife"The burden is on you because you are making the extraordinary claim God does not exist.
We do? Where?
By not believing in God.

Plu

Oh my, you don't even grasp the difference between "believe it does not exist" and "does not believe it exists". You have a lot of learning to do.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"Oh my, you don't even grasp the difference between "believe it does not exist" and "does not believe it exists". You have a lot of learning to do.
What's the difference?

Plu

Seriously? You seriously have to ask this question? And you come here trying to make claims about the most complicated philosophical concepts in the world? And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously at all?

Sheesh. You have all the powers of science at your fingertips through that computer of yours. Figure it out for yourself. We might give you a tad of respect if you can do that. It shouldn't be hard.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"Seriously? You seriously have to ask this question? And you come here trying to make claims about the most complicated philosophical concepts in the world? And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously at all?

Sheesh. You have all the powers of science at your fingertips through that computer of yours. Figure it out for yourself. We might give you a tad of respect if you can do that. It shouldn't be hard.
I am asking you because you seem to think I don't understand the difference.

Plu

You don't, judging by your posts. Why don't you describe the difference, and if you get it wrong, I'll explain it to you.

(Of course you won't because you haven't a clue, but that's ok, you're not fooling anyone anyway.)

leo

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "Plu"Seriously? You seriously have to ask this question? And you come here trying to make claims about the most complicated philosophical concepts in the world? And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously at all?

I am asking you because you seem to think I don't understand the difference.
Of course you don't get it.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Thumpalumpacus

mykcob4

That is fucking backwards and you know it. The claim is that there is a god so it is incumbent on YOU to prove it, not the otherway around. I could say that I can fly, that I only have to want to fly and I can fly. You'd say prove it, and I'd say no you prove that I can't. Logic would dictate that I was the one that had to prove my claim. The idea of a god came and was formed in the imagination of man, therefore it is the responsibility for man to prove it.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "mykcob4"We atheist didn't make up a god, we just believe in the one you made up.

Wut?
Typo, I make quite a great deal of them. Since you know how I write just go with it or correct it and move on. My ego is never bruised when people point out my grammatical and punctuation errors.
The line should read (being very careful here):"We Atheist didn't make up a god, we just DON'T believe in the one you made up."
Is that better?

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"

Wut?
Typo, I make quite a great deal of them. Since you know how I write just go with it or correct it and move on. My ego is never bruised when people point out my grammatical and punctuation errors.
The line should read (being very careful here):"We Atheist didn't make up a god, we just DON'T believe in the one you made up."
Is that better?

Very much so, yes. An ounce of editing is worth a pound of writing.  :)

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Very much so, yes. An ounce of editing is worth a pound of writing.  :)
I work while I'm on this site as well as do many other things. Not an excuse, just an explaination.