News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Feminist programming language

Started by Jason78, December 20, 2013, 04:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

It's in Tell a Joke or two, because I'm not sure if serious...

Feminist Software Foundation gets grumpy with GitHub

QuoteA group called The Feminist Software Foundation has accused GitHub of misogyny after it disabled access to a repository containing its first effort: a feminist programming language called "C+=".

Pronounced either "C plus equality" or "see equality", C+= has since found a home at bitbucket.org, where a manifesto declares it is "a feminist programming language, created to smash the toxic Patriarchy that is inherent in and that permeates all current computer programming languages."
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Pretty sure the equality sign in programming languages is == and the regalur = is (almost) always called assignment.  :roll:

It's most likely a joke. And the bitbucket version has also gone missing.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

in JS "+=" means adding to a variable, if you didn't already know.

so instead of

someVar = someVar + addVar;

you can write:

someVar += addVar;

But yeah, that's probably just a joke.

Jason Harvestdancer

+= means something in C and C++.  It means to increment the variable by the amount indicated after the sign.

x == 10
x += 10

At that point x is now equal to 20.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason78"It's in Tell a Joke or two, because I'm not sure if serious...

Feminist Software Foundation gets grumpy with GitHub

QuoteA group called The Feminist Software Foundation has accused GitHub of misogyny after it disabled access to a repository containing its first effort: a feminist programming language called "C+=".

Pronounced either "C plus equality" or "see equality", C+= has since found a home at bitbucket.org, where a manifesto declares it is "a feminist programming language, created to smash the toxic Patriarchy that is inherent in and that permeates all current computer programming languages."
Is this a joke?

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

I'm aware it means something, but it doesn't mean equality. And yes it's a joke mykcob.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca