News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

cats

Started by sophia, December 18, 2013, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophia

So I saw this new studie about cats and I didnt quiet agree. I will share this video and I would like to know what your views are on this studie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-1tAecIR4

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "sophia"So I saw this new studie about cats and I didnt quiet agree. I will share this video and I would like to know what your views are on this studie

Lol That is probably why crazy cat ladies are so attracted to people that ignore them. or from what I've seen...

sophia

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "sophia"So I saw this new studie about cats and I didnt quiet agree. I will share this video and I would like to know what your views are on this studie

Lol That is probably why crazy cat ladies are so attracted to people that ignore them. or from what I've seen...

I have never thought of that. My cat isnt like that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "sophia"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"

I have never thought of that. My cat isnt like that.
You also probably aren't a crazy cat lady.

sophia

Nope I like rabits as well. And other animals. but I'm afraid of spiders and dogs

SGOS

Well, they are more independent than dogs, but I wouldn't say they are unresponsive to their owners.  Just less so than dogs.  Having said that, my cats, when I had them, used to take an interest in what I was doing.  They would walk in the woods with me, watch intently when I mowed the lawn, and would lurk in hiding places so they could spring out at me with a mock attack.

Unrelated, but maybe of some interest, I was watching an episode of the Waltons years ago that centered around the family cat giving birth to a litter.  The kittens were in a basket mewing the way kittens do, and my cat sprang into a frenzy, jumped onto the TV and started investigating behind and around the TV.  She once had a litter before I got her, and some nurturing thing must have kicked in.  She finally gave up searching for the TV kittens after a few minutes.

Smartmarzipan

The reason I enjoy a cat's companionship is because they are so independent. Dogs are great, sure, but a cat feels more like another person rather than a pet. A person with their own quirks and bad moods. And I find the myth that cats don't respond to you kind of ridiculous. I've grown up with cats for my entire life. I've never not had a cat. They do actually come when you call them. Like, all the time. And even if they do not love me the way I love them, I find their presence entertaining and intriguing. Why do people keep pets like lizards and fish? They don't love you back, but people enjoy them anyway. At least a cat can give the appearance that it loves you when it cuddles you for food, which is still nice.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

frosty

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"The reason I enjoy a cat's companionship is because they are so independent. Dogs are great, sure, but a cat feels more like another person rather than a pet. A person with their own quirks and bad moods. And I find the myth that cats don't respond to you kind of ridiculous. I've grown up with cats for my entire life. I've never not had a cat. They do actually come when you call them. Like, all the time. And even if they do not love me the way I love them, I find their presence entertaining and intriguing. Why do people keep pets like lizards and fish? They don't love you back, but people enjoy them anyway. At least a cat can give the appearance that it loves you when it cuddles you for food, which is still nice.

Cats are great. Yes, they do come, and yes they do in their own way love their companions/owners. The thing is, cats are more lethargic and apathetic than dogs by far, so they feel less inclined to come running over when they are called. The right training, combined with the right personality of the cat, means that they can be made to understand certain words and respond to them.

Funny thing is, is if any animal is "narcissistic" it is cats. Have you ever seen when you are stroking them and they like it? They start purring, rolling around, looking at you with those eyes... and in that moment, it's all about them!!!

sophia

Quote from: "SGOS"Well, they are more independent than dogs, but I wouldn't say they are unresponsive to their owners.  Just less so than dogs.  Having said that, my cats, when I had them, used to take an interest in what I was doing.  They would walk in the woods with me, watch intently when I mowed the lawn, and would lurk in hiding places so they could spring out at me with a mock attack.

Unrelated, but maybe of some interest, I was watching an episode of the Waltons years ago that centered around the family cat giving birth to a litter.  The kittens were in a basket mewing the way kittens do, and my cat sprang into a frenzy, jumped onto the TV and started investigating behind and around the TV.  She once had a litter before I got her, and some nurturing thing must have kicked in.  She finally gave up searching for the TV kittens after a few minutes.

it is intersting. I think that cats are great mothers to their kittens

sophia

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"The reason I enjoy a cat's companionship is because they are so independent. Dogs are great, sure, but a cat feels more like another person rather than a pet. A person with their own quirks and bad moods. And I find the myth that cats don't respond to you kind of ridiculous. I've grown up with cats for my entire life. I've never not had a cat. They do actually come when you call them. Like, all the time. And even if they do not love me the way I love them, I find their presence entertaining and intriguing. Why do people keep pets like lizards and fish? They don't love you back, but people enjoy them anyway. At least a cat can give the appearance that it loves you when it cuddles you for food, which is still nice.
indeed. My litle cat sit always on my lap and miauws to me. And he purs when I pet him.

sophia

Quote from: "frosty"

Cats are great. Yes, they do come, and yes they do in their own way love their companions/owners. The thing is, cats are more lethargic and apathetic than dogs by far, so they feel less inclined to come running over when they are called. The right training, combined with the right personality of the cat, means that they can be made to understand certain words and respond to them.

Funny thing is, is if any animal is "narcissistic" it is cats. Have you ever seen when you are stroking them and they like it? They start purring, rolling around, looking at you with those eyes... and in that moment, it's all about them!!!
I never knew that

Solitary

Cats are more independent than dogs, but to say they don't care about us is ridiculous. I have had many different breeds of cats and dogs, even a pet rat that was the most affectionate animal I have ever had.  I had an Abyssinian cat that was just like a dog, and could be walked on a leash. It was also the wildest animal I ever owned. I have two puppies now that are even more independent than any cat I owned. They could care less accept when I have food or scratch their bellies. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

sophia

Quote from: "Solitary"Cats are more independent than dogs, but to say they don't care about us is ridiculous. I have had many different breeds of cats and dogs, even a pet rat that was the most affectionate animal I have ever had.  I had an Abyssinian cat that was just like a dog, and could be walked on a leash. It was also the wildest animal I ever owned. I have two puppies now that are even more independent than any cat I owned. They could care less accept when I have food or scratch their bellies. Solitary
True. Every animal is different. My cat isn't the smartest but he is sweet and my dog is sweet as well

antediluvian

Sophia,

I do believe your English is improving with each and every post.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

PopeyesPappy

Cats are great! They taste like chicken!
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.