So You Think You Know What Reality Is

Started by Solitary, December 17, 2013, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

[youtube:d7fas2h9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBt_yfGKpU[/youtube:d7fas2h9] In my opinion this is another example of what we don't understand then God did it. You cannot feel a hologram even if you are in it.  :roll:  I also think this is a misunderstanding of what quantum mechanics is actually saying. Response? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

I only watched the first half-hour, and I had to force myself. This is so digusting , :-& , that it doesn't merit a comment, except that you put the thread in philosophy, not science, which is commendable.  :)

leo

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"I only watched the first half-hour, and I had to force myself. This is so digusting , :-& , that it doesn't merit a comment, except that you put the thread in philosophy, not science, which is commendable.  :)

Thank you! It does mention a movie I want to watch: The Thirteenth Floor. This is also problematic to me because it sounds like Idealism instead of realism. particles aren't real, but empty space is?  :roll: Did Deepak Chopra  make this video? Solitary
Deepak chopra is the queen of bullshit. The guy is selling nonsense. The pathetic thing is that some people actually believe his crap.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Hakurei Reimu

Painful. This guy breaks at the most inopportune moments to underline and emphasize the physicists' points. Sorry, but when you do that, you are no longer "just a messenger." You are cherry picking. It doesn't matter if you are using direct quotes or not, you can still compose your own narrative using only the words of other people.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

darsenfeld

Reality is whatever one makes it to be.
consistency is for dopes....

stromboli

Quote from: "darsenfeld"Reality is whatever one makes it to be.

Right. Gravity is make believe. Go jump off a building and see how that works.

AllPurposeAtheist

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs so I chose reality because drugs pretty much screwed me up.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

darsenfeld

Quote from: "stromboli"

er..  get with the real world.  People see colours differently, see subjective reality....

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"
Quote from: "stromboli"

er..  get with the real world.  People see colours differently, see subjective reality....

Last time I checked gravity was part of reality. People may see shading differences between 2 shades of red but they will both see red.

*protip*

Think before typing stupid.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

darsenfeld

colours are part of reality.  and gravity is subjective based on Einstein's theory.

the2ndcominofjebus

falling and not getting up is relative. lol
"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu