News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheists just hate God!

Started by sab, December 16, 2013, 07:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "leo"The universe can't come from nothing but you god can ?  If you want to be a chewtoy fine. We can play that game.
Where did I ever say God comes from nothing? God is uncreated.
You are  the one saying the universe can't come from nothing but your god can. :wink:  :wink:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"
Quote from: "leo"The universe can't come from nothing but you god can ?  If you want to be a chewtoy fine. We can play that game.
Where did I ever say God comes from nothing? God is uncreated.
So is the universe.
Yep ^^^ this.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Johan

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Be nice.
We are being extremely nice. But patience for the ignorant blather you keep repeating is going to grow thin. If you have proof, actual 100% verifiable proof, bring it. But 'I don't know how it happened therefore God did it' ain't proof and so far, that seems to be all you've got.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"For Jesus we have 45 ancient texts within 150 years of his death, 17 of which are non-Christian sources.  He is documented more than any 10 figures in antiquity combined.
We have a number of texts written about Abraham Lincoln also written with 150 years of his death, not to mention a few movies. Using your logic, we'd have to conclude that Honest Abe really did hunt vampires and that the American Civil War was actually instigated by them.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"For Jesus we have 45 ancient texts within 150 years of his death, 17 of which are non-Christian sources.  He is documented more than any 10 figures in antiquity combined.
But none to a contemporary, primary source, much less to the guy himself. Contrast this with a figure like Julius Caesar, who not only has contemporary documentation, but we also have his own writings.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

mykcob4

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Why do atheists hate God if God is real?
God is not real. None of the gods are real.

mykcob4

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"You do hate God if He exists.
Now you're are just being an ass. You can't say that people hate something when they have stated over and over that they don't.

mykcob4

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"What sort of early texts or corroborating sources and badly needed eyewitness group accounts do you have for Zahak?

For Jesus we have 45 ancient texts within 150 years of his death, 17 of which are non-Christian sources.  He is documented more than any 10 figures in antiquity combined.

And many places and events are multiply corroborated with Roman authorities, Jewish authorities and other writers. We even have writers such Clement of Rome and Polycarp who said they knew Paul and Peter personally before they were martyred in the Neronian persecutions. Peter was one of the eyewitnesses in various group settings seeing Jesus alive from the dead proving He is God. He spent 3 years with Jesus.
Bullshit. Besides the bible there isn't even one account of jesus specifically. Oh there is Jesus of Nazereth but that makes no sense because there were a great many of those and The jesus of the bible couldn't have even been that jesus as the Roman census accounts for where people live not where they were born or once lived. There are no accounts outside the bible of a jesus. The ones made after his death or the bible's account of his life and death are all referenced from the bible and that makes them hearsay and invalid as reliable sources. BTW the bible isn't a valid source either because it is PURE hearsay and mostly stolen stories from other cultures.

mykcob4

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"The burden is on you to show there are more sources for someone else than Jesus.
No it isn't you fucking asshole. YOU stated that there are 45 sources for this mythical jesus. When someone demands that you produce these sources you ellude to some book written by a religious political figure with absolutely NO credibility. The burden is YOURS to produce...YOU FUCKING MADE THE CLAIM! NOW BACK IT UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!
I could easily state that 9000b.c.e. the was a man named bob and that there are 45 rocks that record his life and name. When you ask me to produce just one of those rocks being like you I would say..."You'll have to find the rocks yourself." That is what you are doing. You're a complete and utter moron!

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
We have a number of texts written about Abraham Lincoln also written with 150 years of his death.
The purpose of these texts is so that you can't claim Lincoln or Jesus didn't exist. Now that you know Jesus existed, you need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. If you can't then know Jesus is God since only God can resurrect Himself.

Sal1981

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
We have a number of texts written about Abraham Lincoln also written with 150 years of his death.
The purpose of these texts is so that you can't claim Lincoln or Jesus didn't exist. Now that you know Jesus existed, you need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. If you can't then know Jesus is God since only God can resurrect Himself.
(emphasis mine)

I have a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn flying around my head at all times. Since you can't disprove that I do not have a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn flying around my head, then, by your inane excuse of broken logic, know that the flying pink invisible mini-unicorn exists.

Do you have any idea who stupid you sound? This is how your logic put into example can be shown to work.

Only difference between a concept of a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn and your concept of god is that you value your concept of god more. Both have no evidence for their proposed existence.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Sal1981"I have a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn flying around my head at all times. Since you can't disprove that I do not have a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn flying around my head, then, by your inane excuse of broken logic, know that the flying pink invisible mini-unicorn exists.

Do you have any idea who stupid you sound? This is how your logic put into example can be shown to work.

Only difference between a concept of a flying pink invisible mini-unicorn and your concept of god is that you value your concept of god more. Both have no evidence for their proposed existence.
We both believe in a creator of the universe, except you call yours a an invisible unicorn, but only one of us is correct.

I believe I am right and you are wrong, because a gracious and loving God makes Himself accessible throughout the globe where very few even know about your pink unicorn because there is no documentation on it like we have for Jesus the most documented person in antiquity. Since you nor I are able to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles, realize Jesus is God for only God can resurrect Himself.

I like how God deals with the sin problem too, for no amount of works on our part can redeem us back to God who is infinitely greater than us.

Krisyork2008

Lol, the point of the manuscript was to prove to you that not all accounts of somebody's life, when written down later, are true. We have no way of knowing whether a man named Yeshua walked around the middle east 2000 years ago. There was probably at least one man of that name.

But if we assume there was somebody whom the stories are based off of, why the fuck would we believe he did a bunch of shit we know is impossible?

1. We know that stories exist that are about real people, doing made up things.

2. We know that some things are absolutely impossible for humans to do. We know people write stories about impossible things and people doing them.

3. We know that the stories of Jesus were written by humans, which we also know write made up stories about both real and fake people doing things that are completely fucking impossible.

If we know people write stories about fake shit, and we know the shit in question is fake, then it doesn't matter if the person is real or not.

It's im-fucking-possible. Lol you're so dense dude
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Krisyork2008"We have no way of knowing whether a man named Yeshua walked around the middle east 2000 years ago.
The problem with your approach is that Jesus is the most documented person in antiquity, better corroborated and multiply attested, with more sources written about Him within 150 years of His death than any 10 figures combined.

If Jesus didn't exist nobody did. Virtually no scholars or historians take your position. Therefore, at some point the burden is on you, and that point is now!

Plu

Quotebecause a gracious and loving God makes Himself accessible throughout the globe

Yeah, I bet all the people who didn't live in the middle east 2000 years ago were really happy about that. Oh wait no, they had no idea because the myth hadn't left the area yet. It took the minions 1500 years to really get around, and "spread the word". Which is a synonym for "do horrible things" according to most of the people subjected to it back then.