There is no such thing as a Good Atheist

Started by GrinningYMIR, December 22, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frosty

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them.

PickelledEggs

If he's a christian, shouldn't he leave the judging to god and just forgive us? Why do every illiterate person have to broadcast their uneducated opinion all over the place? Seems like a trend.

frosty

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"If he's a christian, shouldn't he leave the judging to god and just forgive us? Why do every illiterate person have to broadcast their uneducated opinion all over the place? Seems like a trend.

It's called deflection, PickelledEggs. He is actually not as comfortable with his beliefs as he makes himself out to be, and as a result he has to go on the Internet and act snide to a group of people that don't agree with his beliefs - because they are living, walking, breathing contradictions to what he so insecurely believes. If he was truly secure with what he believed and he "knew the truth" then the article we are discussing right now would never even exist in the first place.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "frosty"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"If he's a christian, shouldn't he leave the judging to god and just forgive us? Why do every illiterate person have to broadcast their uneducated opinion all over the place? Seems like a trend.

It's called deflection, PickelledEggs. He is actually not as comfortable with his beliefs as he makes himself out to be, and as a result he has to go on the Internet and act snide to a group of people that don't agree with his beliefs - because they are living, walking, breathing contradictions to what he so insecurely believes. If he was truly secure with what he believed and he "knew the truth" then the article we are discussing right now would never even exist in the first place.
He probably doesn't have access to good pizza. I know I would be bitter if I didn't.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Pastor Fuckwit"You clicked on this post for one of two reasons. Either you're hoping that I'm right or you know that I'm wrong. For those of you who are eager to pierce me with your wit and crush my pre-modern mind, allow me to issue a challenge. I contend that any response you make will only prove my case.

Oh, what a fucking cunt waffle. I didn't bother reading past this opening statement. I have no use for pompous, religious douche-nozzles who try to use the "logic and reason" tactic in an attempt to look smart while making a terrible point, but won't bother listening to the logic and reason from the other point of view, because that's just silly!

I'm not reading this tripe. Fuck that smarmy dingleberry, I bet he sniffs his own farts.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

aileron

Quote from: "Jason78"This bit got me:

QuoteEvery expression of atheism necessitates at least three additional affirmations:

1. The universe is purely material. It is strictly natural, and there is no such thing as the supernatural (e.g., gods or spiritual forces).

2. The universe is scientific. It is observable, knowable and governed strictly by the laws of physics.

3. The universe is impersonal. It does not a have consciousness or a will, nor is it guided by a consciousness or a will.

Screw the actual definition of atheist!  I'm going to make up my own definition (with blackjack and hookers).

Exactly.  

1.  There are atheists who believe in the supernatural.
2.  There are atheists who believe the universe is mysterious beyond human comprehension.  
3.  There are atheists who believe that nature has some kind of person-like spirit.  

This guy pulls stuff out of his ass and publishes it for the world.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Special B

Pastor Henderson is simply playing word games. There are no "good" atheists by his made-up definition of "good". There are, in fact, moral atheists. One could argue that doing the right thing because of a fear of god, and an earthly or afterlife punishment, isn't actually moral. Atheists that are moral do so without fearing hell. They are the truly good.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

frosty

Good and bad in this world are entirely subjective terms. It's funny, because I remember reading.... somewhere, that Christians are not supposed to judge, and they are supposed to be humble and respectful, but obviously this guy was too lazy to read those parts. Looking at his avatar he seems like the kid in class that never wanted to read because he thought he was so smart he could summarize it all in one sentence.

Anyways, let these people type, they always will, it's going to be 2014 and Atheists are still insulted in Western Civilization but whatever I guess.