News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bubba The Archaeologist

Started by Solitary, December 13, 2013, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Science

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City , New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 100 years.

They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles , California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside .

Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: " California archaeologists report a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Atlanta, Georgia reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Marietta, Bubba,a hell of an engineer and, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing.

Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Georgia had already gone wireless".

Just makes a person proud to be from Georgia .
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

FinalSomnia

As I literally sit in the city of Marietta, Georgia at this very instant; and I dispatch ambulances in the city of Marietta, Georgia for the stupidest 911 calls imaginable; AND I have lived in the Marietta, Georgia area for some time now...

I find this post both accurate and hilarious.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

SGOS

Archaeology is not an exact science.  It's often hard to reconstruct ancient civilizations from the trash they leave behind.  Archaeologists make educated guesses.  The older an artifact, the more guesswork is required.  When you go back like 100 years, making guesses about such long dead civilizations is almost impossible.   :-D