Megyn Kelly on Fox News: Santa and Jesus are White

Started by stromboli, December 12, 2013, 02:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "stromboli"http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/12/megyn-kelly-believes-in-white-santa.html

QuoteOn Wednesday, Fox News host Megyn Kelly led a brief discussion about this Slate piece in which Aisha Harris, a black woman, explains how cruddy the omnipresent white Santa Claus made her feel as a kid. Kelly had two points she wanted to introduce as fact, to clear up any confusion for all the kids who may be watching her 9 p.m. news analysis show.
No. 1: Santa is white. "By the way, for you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa. But you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids." Actually, Harris was arguing Santa should be a penguin, since he's already an amalgam of characters.
No. 2: Jesus is also white: "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change. You know, I mean, Jesus was a white man too. But you know it's like we have — He was a historical figure, I mean that's a verifiable fact — as is Santa, I just want the kids watching to know that." Hoo boy, the things these hosts bring up in a three-minute segment about an imaginary toy-deliverer. Anyway, meet your Fox News rising star.
OK, Santa is totally a white dude. Yawn. But Jesus? JESUS? Not Semitic? Not brown skinned? OMFG, there goes the rest of Fox's non white viewership. Oh wait, they probably don't have one. Never mind.
And of course, Jesus was a historical figure....
Megan Kelly. Fox's rising star. The stupid, it burns.......
So glad you posted this. My good friend is fucking stupid and a complete moron about some things. Hes jewish and understands why jesus had to be semitic. He loves Megyn Kelly. I told him that she is just another dumb bimbo, but he won't have it. He tells me that she is an award winning journalist,...blah blah blah. When I told him about this story and referenced the site that you posted, he turned as red as a beet. I thought his head was going to explode. Kelly was the very last reason he watched FOX ( except for sports). I have systematically revealed to him how all the rest of the FOX group were just propagandist and liars. I started with Glen Beck, went through O'Reilly, Hannity, Cavuto, The Five, almost all of them. You gave me the final piece to finally take down Kelly. He will never use his dick to watch her again. He will have to use his brain.
Now I might not ever get him to watch MSNBC, Current TV, or even PBS, but he won't watch FOX anymore. Thanx!

hillbillyatheist

I wish I had your luck. the people i've shown clips to, seem impervious to facts.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

josephpalazzo

I like the comment that it is a fact that Santa Claus is based on St-Nicolas, who was a Greek bishop known for his generosity towards the poor. I guess it's also a fact that Santa lives at the North Pole and travels with flying reindeers. FoxNews and facts are oxymoron.

Shiranu

QuoteNow I might not ever get him to watch MSNBC, Current TV, or even PBS, but he won't watch FOX anymore. Thanx!

CurrentTV got bought by Al Jazeera America (not to say it's not a good channel, just miss TYT and Vanguard) :.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Jesus was in the Airforce? Well imagine that. :-k
Looks like an airforce uniform on my phone, but the colors are a bit faded.
Wait! Where's the white horse and his Colt 45's? Meh..must have drank em. :)

Judging by his fruit salad, he's a Pararescue veteran of Vietnam.

And He performed miracles, the perfect job for Him.  8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuoteNow I might not ever get him to watch MSNBC, Current TV, or even PBS, but he won't watch FOX anymore. Thanx!

CurrentTV got bought by Al Jazeera America (not to say it's not a good channel, just miss TYT and Vanguard) :.
I miss a great deal about Current, Stephanie and the gang, but Al Jazeera seems to be on the level, on par with BBC.

mykcob4

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I wish I had your luck. the people i've shown clips to, seem impervious to facts.
This one friend is the only one that actually uses logic and understand facts. The rest of the knuckleheads just listen to Rush and the hitler youth on FOX and deny anything that is a fact. They pull out the old "Liberal Media" bullshit as if the media is actually "liberal."

Shiranu

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Shiranu"

I miss a great deal about Current, Stephanie and the gang, but Al Jazeera seems to be on the level, on par with BBC.

Never actually watched Stephanie or the guy that had on, that was too early for me :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Jesus was in the Airforce? Well imagine that. :-k

Must have been my Mrs. Clause fantasy that distracted me..  :-k

I hear you, my gal's got one of those outfits.  Looking forward to unwrapping presents ....
<insert witty aphorism here>

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Solitary"

And He performed miracles, the perfect job for Him.  8-)  Solitary

Don't you know it?  Those PJs are damned sure some miracle workers.  My driver dropped out of PR training at Eglin to become a firefighter -- he said our training was a breeze. :shock:

leo

Jesus  wasn't  white. He wasn't good looking either.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Smartmarzipan

Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Unbeliever

I know for a fact that Santa is chartreuse with indigo spots and puce stripes, so Megyn needs to simply agree with me so she won't show just how stupid she really is.

#-o
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Thumpalumpacus

Oh, please -- what guy knows wtf "chartreuse" looks like?

SGOS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... ostpopular

Stewart's take on the subject.  Always insightful.  But there's some other airhead before he gets to Megyn.  Watch this one do a wonderful display of umbrage over Fox News imagined "War on Christmas".