6 year old suspended for sexual harrassment

Started by PickelledEggs, December 11, 2013, 02:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

I had fun with the school systems in more rural parts of Texas when I was a kid. I didn't make friends easily, I kept to myself, and I was struggling (unbeknownst to me at the time) with the after effects of PTSD. How does the school handle it? By forcing me to mingle with other students, placing me at the front of the class every field trip so that I could "make friends," and then announcing to the class that I was being sent to the school counselor. The school counselor said I had poor self-esteem and recommended the teachers take steps to help me make friends - which was agonizing. When that predictably failed, I was paranoid, self-conscientious, extremely depressed, and my unresolved anger issues had festered into a very toxic situation. Thanks to the mishandling of the situation, bullies zeroed in on me. Whenever I retaliated against the bullies, I was reprimanded by the zero tolerance rules (no fighting, no matter the reason). This left me damn near homicidal (I remember having dreams of killing all the teachers, all the students, and especially my spineless counselor) and it did leave me feeling suicidal. To add insult to injury, the principal had the nerve to tell my parents they were going to call the local psychiatric facility and have me removed from the school because I was potentially dangerous.

By this time, my parents said "fuck you," and removed me from the school before they could do anything else. The next school I was placed in was far more discrete. The school counselor saw me once a week, but my meetings with her were not announced to the entire class. The counselor suspected I had social anxiety disorder and recommended that the teachers allow me to sit at the back of the class (not the front) and unless I showed signs of distress, generally leave me alone. In three months time, I felt much more comfortable, and although I still struggled with many things, I felt less angry and less hopeless about life in general.

Some of the schools are managed by some serious idiots. I pity the children who have to endure such small-minded self-righteous assholes. Even now, the memories still make me angry all over.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Atheon

A product of zero-tolerance and other evils that the right-wing has foisted on our school system.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

Kissing leads to heroin..no doubt about it. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.