6 year old suspended for sexual harrassment

Started by PickelledEggs, December 11, 2013, 02:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

[youtube:23d7859r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoAVdS51Os[/youtube:23d7859r]

Are these people serious?  :Hangman:

Jmpty

When I was in Kindergarten, there was a girl who tried to kiss me every day. I pretended not to like it.
???  ??

Thumpalumpacus

Who says administrators cannot be dumber than they students they're charged with educating?
<insert witty aphorism here>

Solitary

This is ridiculous---a six year old---give me a break. A kiss is showing affection not sexual desire in a six year old.  :roll: Next thing they'll be saying he has ADD.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well you just know it's inevitable this six year old will cause an F5 tornado to decimate the entire town.. and there will be much rejoicing.

I gotta be honest, some things would be worth an assault charge and perhaps prison time for beating the shit out of these jerkoffs in public. If it were my kid I'd volunteer and bring a slapjack to do it.. :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

What the hell has happened to our common sense!?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

There are so many things wrong with the way this school conducted this.

The first one being that they did anything at all, because there isn't anything wrong with kissing especially if it's a cheek or a hand.
The other thing is, this kid might so self conscious about how he approaches his love life in his future its horrifying. all because the school is composed of retards and assholes.

If he was really disturbing class, which I highly doubt he was because the teachers found out from students talking about it, you don't handle it like that. you handle it in a way that emphasizes that he should be paying attention and not diverting attention from the teacher.

Hijiri Byakuren

This 6-year-old sounds more intelligent than the morons who thought this was a sexual harassment case. A 6-year-old. A fucking 6-year-old for crying out loud! You'd think the administrators of schools, which are supposed to be teaching critical thinking skills, could exercise a few of those skills themselves, but apparently not! Unbelievable!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

The Skeletal Atheist

Aren't zero tolerance policies wonderful? I mean right now it's a simple kiss on the hand, but if you let him get away with that it would have been only a matter of time before he was a full blown rapist, drug dealer, and school shooter. Thanks again, school administators, for keeping our children safe!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Jason78

What did he do?  Show up to school with a penis?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

aitm

a follow up to this, the girls mother claims the little man was after the girl every day, and the girl did not like it. now the school calling it s-h is stupid they do need to protect the girl
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

FrankDK

> What the hell has happened to our common sense!?

Common sense seems to be a very rare commodity.

Frank

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "aitm"a follow up to this, the girls mother claims the little man was after the girl every day, and the girl did not like it. now the school calling it s-h is stupid they do need to protect the girl
If that's true then the school should've had a meeting with the child's parents. Maybe the kid doesn't understand boundaries yet. He's 6 for fuck's sake.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Latest and greatest. Charges were dropped, boy back in school.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/us/six-ye ... index.html

QuoteAmid a tidal wave of negative publicity, a Colorado school system has let a 6-year-old boy return to school and said it won't classify his kissing a girl on the hand as sexual harassment.
The story of first-grader Hunter Yelton made national news and spurred outrage this week after word spread that his school near Colorado Springs suspended him for the kiss and accused him of sexually harassing the girl.
On Wednesday night, CNN affiliate KRDO reported that Canon City Schools Superintendent Robin Gooldy met with Hunter's parents. The superintendent then changed Hunter's disciplinary offense from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct."
The boy has also returned to school at the Lincoln School of Science & Technology.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "aitm"a follow up to this, the girls mother claims the little man was after the girl every day, and the girl did not like it. now the school calling it s-h is stupid they do need to protect the girl

I just gave the boys playing the "kissy game" bloody noses, but that was way back when.

I agree the girl needed someone to step in, but this case was complete overkill. This should have been handled by sitting the boy down and explaining to him that what he was doing was very wrong and giving him a child's punishment.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges