News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Patrick Carlin

Started by Jutter, December 10, 2013, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jutter

He doesn't have George's HBO-special polish, but damnit you can tell what runs in that familly.
[youtube:1rndwhgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht4e-mbwz7k[/youtube:1rndwhgk]
[youtube:1rndwhgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJ9zsZBcck[/youtube:1rndwhgk]
That whole transition from  seventies mellow George, to nineties angry George (or as George called it, finding his form)... that was Pat's influence.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jutter"He doesn't have George's HBO-special polish, but damnit you can tell what runs in that familly.
Writer posted a YouTube video
Writer posted a YouTube video
That whole transition from  seventies mellow George, to nineties angry George (or as George called it, finding his form)... that was Pat's influence.
I really want him to be funny, but he really isn't.

Solitary

I was disappointed because he wasn't that funny.  :-s  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jutter

Comparing Voyager 1 to a takeout menu for hungry Aliens, or the "nuke it" solution to sticking a cherrybomb in a wound, his description of the college-life, stop using the euphenism for pussy because I've never eaten a wussy...

I agree he's nowhere near the preformer George was, but I found the standup set interresting for as far as it makes it evident how he ultimately influenced George's style. It shows how the difference between seventies/eighties George, and nineties George was in the increasing resemblance to his older brother Pat.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Jutter"Comparing Voyager 1 to a takeout menu for hungry Aliens, or the "nuke it" solution to sticking a cherrybomb in a wound, his description of the college-life, stop using the euphenism for pussy because I've never eaten a wussy...

I agree he's nowhere near the preformer George was, but I found the standup set interresting for as far as it makes it evident how he ultimately influenced George's style. It shows how the difference between seventies/eighties George, and nineties George was in the increasing resemblance to his older brother Pat.

George makes no mention of that in his autobiography.
<insert witty aphorism here>

mykcob4

This is why Old George left everything to his daughter.