News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Ksa, December 11, 2013, 09:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ksa

Hey,

I'm Dan, atheist, chemist/chemical engineer by profession and a free-time student of comparative religions. I am wondering if this site allows religious debates involving quotations of Chapter Number/Verse Number and context explanations. I believe that atheists have trouble communicating with religious fundamentalists because the religious fundamentalists only obey their scripture literally.

Since I know most of the Bible/Qur'an/Weda/Tora/Upanishads etc. by heart, I can prove to religious fundamentalists, from their own scripture, that it's not the word of God, so that they may cease to believe and also become atheists.

Thank you,

Dan

Plu

You're free to try, but the problem with communicating with the religious folk who come here is that they don't listen to anything anyway.

Welcome aboard.

stromboli

Welcome. Like Plu said, you are dealing with individuals not accepting of new ideas. Its kind of hard to argue on the merits of a belief when they have no merits.

Mister Agenda

Howdy, Dan. It's always nice to get a scientist in these parts. I'm not sure any of our current theists would be up for a debate like that. The other Atheist Forums (.org) might be a place to try. We're actualy low on Christian fundamentalists here right at the moment.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Ksa

mykcob4

Quote from: "Ksa"Hey,

I'm Dan, atheist, chemist/chemical engineer by profession and a free-time student of comparative religions. I am wondering if this site allows religious debates involving quotations of Chapter Number/Verse Number and context explanations. I believe that atheists have trouble communicating with religious fundamentalists because the religious fundamentalists only obey their scripture literally.

Since I know most of the Bible/Qur'an/Weda/Tora/Upanishads etc. by heart, I can prove to religious fundamentalists, from their own scripture, that it's not the word of God, so that they may cease to believe and also become atheists.

Thank you,

Dan
Welcome.
Like Plu said religious people don't want facts, don't deal in facts so why bother?
Also this site and the members aren't really interested in recruiting more athesit. As atheist we enjoy individual and critical thinking. I think that it is a total waste of time trying "convert" people. I also feel that it is a practice in dishonesty. I abhor christians that proslotyze and think it hypocritical of atheist that practice the same method on others.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Ksa"Hey,

Thank you,

Dan

GrinningYMIR

Welcome to the forum
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Welcome, Ksa! Happy to have a well versed person such as yourself on the forum! :-D

Excal

Anyway, yeah...

Why DO theists feel compelled to join atheism forums?

I thought I was being all clever doing this...  :x

stromboli

Quote from: "Excal"Anyway, yeah...

Why DO theists feel compelled to join atheism forums?

I thought I was being all clever doing this...  :x

Beats me. When you know, tell us.

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Ksa!  Do you know what the original teachings of Buddha were and how the various schools differ? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

leo

Welcome ! Glad to see you around!
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .