News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The male pill? Bring it on

Started by Jason78, December 07, 2013, 07:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

That is good to hear that you haven't had that much trouble doing this. I can't help but to wonder how much trouble you would have had if you were female, and would be willing to bet the mortgage that it would have been a lot harder.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

ParaGoomba Slayer

Quote from: "Mermaid"That is good to hear that you haven't had that much trouble doing this. I can't help but to wonder how much trouble you would have had if you were female, and would be willing to bet the mortgage that it would have been a lot harder.

Female sterilization is more expensive, but Planned Parenthood does them too so if a woman my age wanted to be sterilized, I wouldn't imagine she'd have any more difficulty besides increased cost and perhaps the decreased likelihood of a PP offering the procedure. Since female sterilization is more involved, I'd imagine that less Planned Parenthoods perform them they do male sterilization. But if the Planned Parenthood in question performed the procedure, I doubt they'd give her the run around.

But yeah, it seems that women my age who want to be sterilized at a non-Planned Parenthood are given much more of a run around than men of the same age.
[size=150]Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision.[/size]

[size=150]Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins. This is very simple reasoning that is applied to everything, EXCEPT infant circumcision for some stupid fucking reason.[/size]

Jason78

Quote from: "Jack89"I'd like to think that the default position is to take responsibility for your actions.  If it's not, it should be.  People who don't care for their kids are pieces of shit in my book, and should be treated as such.  Good old fashioned social controls is what we need.

As far as the male pill goes, ok, bring it on, but if it was my daughter, I would advise her to take her own precautions as well.

Now it seems we have the technology for men to be able to get that added protection as well.  You can't trust the pill to work every time.  It's not foolproof.  It's fairly easy to tell if your partner is wearing a condom, but there's no way to tell if your partner has taken their pill today, or even if they are actually taking them at all.  You've just got to take their word for it.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Jack89"I'd like to think that the default position is to take responsibility for your actions.  If it's not, it should be.  People who don't care for their kids are pieces of shit in my book, and should be treated as such.  Good old fashioned social controls is what we need.

As far as the male pill goes, ok, bring it on, but if it was my daughter, I would advise her to take her own precautions as well.

Now it seems we have the technology for men to be able to get that added protection as well.  You can't trust the pill to work every time.  It's not foolproof.  It's fairly easy to tell if your partner is wearing a condom, but there's no way to tell if your partner has taken their pill today, or even if they are actually taking them at all.  You've just got to take their word for it.
Yup. Which was my first thought, that I would probably not trust a man to be compliant, and then I thought "well now I know what it's like from a guy's perspective". It definitely goes both ways.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Plu

Best solution with this kind of stuff is indeed stacking them. They mostly all work at the same time to reduce risks even further, so really no reason to not just use 2 or 3 methods at the same time.

AllPurposeAtheist

The pill, a condom AND abstinence only.. guaranteed to work..  
Ooops..forgot NO SEX before marriage there Nancy Reagan..  :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason78

Yeah...  You combine that with soaking and you're on to a winner APA!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato