New Mexico Legalizes Gay Marriage

Started by Shiranu, December 19, 2013, 07:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I am on my phone in west Texas otherwise I would post an article, buta unanimous vote from the state Supreme Court today declared that New Mexico will be the 17th state to legalize gay marriage.

And of course,  I am leaving in a month to a back assward state that will probably be 48th to legalize it...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hakurei Reimu

I think this says everything that needs be said:

[youtube:3h749c1q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/youtube:3h749c1q]
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Solitary

Thanks!  A great song and band, and so fitting for this thread. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

New Mexico is becoming more and more sophisticated and progressive.

Solitary

While Arizona swings backwards to the Wild Wild West.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"I am on my phone in west Texas otherwise I would post an article, buta unanimous vote from the state Supreme Court today declared that New Mexico will be the 17th state to legalize gay marriage.
It won't be too terribly long now till it goes nationwide.
[spoil:21jllpov][/spoil:21jllpov]
*colors in New Mexico*

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Thumpalumpacus

This is good news.  Given enough time, water will break rocks into sand.  

The momentum towards equality in America is thrilling to see.
<insert witty aphorism here>

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"This is good news.  Given enough time, water will break rocks into sand.  

The momentum towards equality in America is thrilling to see.

And it seems to be going faster and faster every time another state allows same-sex marriages! At this pace equal marriage will be the norm by the end of this decade (or the middle of the next one). Now we just need congress to pass ENDA and a ban on housing discrimination. :)
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Atheon

Out of date map... needs NJ, CA, Hawaii and Utah, of not more. Love to see a black state go red!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

_Xenu_

In all honesty, this issue has taken the tone of inevitability and I'm not watching as closely. Within a few years, they'll be another Supreme Court ruling, it will be legal nation wide, and the masses will collectively yawn. This argument is pretty much settled.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

I've met gays who are pleasant, and I've met gays that are assholes.

I've met straights who are pleasant, I've met straights who are assholes.

They're not the same sexual orientation, but they're still people. So let them get married
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit