16 women freed from Baby Factory

Started by Smartmarzipan, December 05, 2013, 10:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Nigeria Frees 16 Pregnant Young Women From Horrifying 'Baby Factory'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/0 ... lp00000003

QuoteNigerian police said on Wednesday that they raided a home and freed 16 pregnant girls and young women allegedly being forced to have babies to be sold.

"We carried out a raid on a residence in Owerri following an intelligence report and rescued 16 expectant mothers," Imo State police spokeswoman Joy Elomoko told AFP.

"The girls were between 14 and 19 years old and in different stages of pregnancy."

The male owner of the home, who was arrested, had registered it as a non-governmental organisation promoting women's and children's issues, Elomoko added.

QuoteNigerian security agents have uncovered a series of alleged baby factories in recent years, notably in the southeastern part of the country.

Last month, six pregnant teenage girls were freed in a raid on an illegal clinic in the oil city of Port Harcourt.

Human trafficking is widespread in west Africa, where children are bought from their families to work in plantations, mines and factories or as domestic help.

Others are sold into prostitution, and less commonly they are tortured or sacrificed in black magic rituals.

What the fuck.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

aitm

](*,)

My wish is that I could slam their heads into the wall instead of mine.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Rotten people..and some people oppose the death penalty for any crime regardless of how heinous..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aroura33

It is hard for me to even rap my head around this kind of story.  Horrifying.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Solitary

We have this going on in this country too, it's called child protective services, here in Arizona.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SilentFutility

leo

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"Nigeria Frees 16 Pregnant Young Women From Horrifying 'Baby Factory'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/0 ... lp00000003

QuoteNigerian police said on Wednesday that they raided a home and freed 16 pregnant girls and young women allegedly being forced to have babies to be sold.

"We carried out a raid on a residence in Owerri following an intelligence report and rescued 16 expectant mothers," Imo State police spokeswoman Joy Elomoko told AFP.

"The girls were between 14 and 19 years old and in different stages of pregnancy."

The male owner of the home, who was arrested, had registered it as a non-governmental organisation promoting women's and children's issues, Elomoko added.

QuoteNigerian security agents have uncovered a series of alleged baby factories in recent years, notably in the southeastern part of the country.

Last month, six pregnant teenage girls were freed in a raid on an illegal clinic in the oil city of Port Harcourt.

Human trafficking is widespread in west Africa, where children are bought from their families to work in plantations, mines and factories or as domestic help.

Others are sold into prostitution, and less commonly they are tortured or sacrificed in black magic rituals.

What the fuck.
This fucking insane. :shock:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

wolf39us

kilodelta

Well... that's a less fun definition of "baby factory."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Jmpty

???  ??

Mermaid

This smacks of The Handmaid's Tale.

There is seemingly no end to how shitty people can be to each other. I can't even think about this story too much or it will keep me awake.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR