News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

my first post

Started by wynnwalker, December 03, 2013, 11:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnwalker

I got a lot of action on my first post.  I did live in Pullman for four years.  I do fairly well as a self-publisher (I write under a pen name as well) but not well enough to avoid a "real job."
I'm still "driving down the middle of the road" when it comes to religion.  It's not something I spend a great deal of time thinking about anymore, but to be completely honest if someone had a gun to my head I think I would say I believe in some type of god, creator, or whatever you prefer to call it.  I get so fed up with all the religious zealots in my neck of the woods I try to disassociate with them as much as possible.
wynn
PS. still no takers on my free book offer. do I have to throw in a six pack?

The Non Prophet

^If your book shines religion in a good light, no way will I read it as I do not read fiction books.

...Yeah and if a terrorist had a gun to my head and told me to accept Islam or die, I would no problem, so what. Personal delusions don't equal reality.

mykcob4

Quote from: "wynnwalker"I got a lot of action on my first post.  I did live in Pullman for four years.  I do fairly well as a self-publisher (I write under a pen name as well) but not well enough to avoid a "real job."
I'm still "driving down the middle of the road" when it comes to religion.  It's not something I spend a great deal of time thinking about anymore, but to be completely honest if someone had a gun to my head I think I would say I believe in some type of god, creator, or whatever you prefer to call it.  I get so fed up with all the religious zealots in my neck of the woods I try to disassociate with them as much as possible.
wynn
PS. still no takers on my free book offer. do I have to throw in a six pack?
The basic problem here is that to get your free book would require us to publish personnal information. I don't think anyone wants to do that. Sure we could PM and exchange info that way but that still is exposing one's privacy to someone that they really don't even know. Now you can post your information on the forum, where to write to or call and your real name but do you really want to do that? People take the time to create a moniker and post under that moniker and what you're asking is that they give that privacy up just to read your book.
May I suggest that you PM Soloman Zorn on this forum. He is a published writer, a professional writer. He may have a way for you to get your book out.
BTW asking for a critique is useless as you have already self published. What value is a critique? What you want is exposure and you should be honest in asking for that. The best critique is actual sales.

Solomon Zorn

Sorry if I mislead you, Myke. My only "publishing" is online, on my website ( http://www.solomonzorn.com ) It's funny that you bring this up today, as I just today made a few bound copies of my poetry, etc. to lend out to family and friends. I actually could probably learn something about self-publishing from Wynnwalker.

My only writing credential is a bible-college creative writing course I took in 1986-87.

It's not just a catchphrase, I really am an uneducated hick.

As for a review, I don't really read much fiction anymore. But for $2.99, can you really go wrong? I hope someone reads it.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

wynnwalker

I promise this will be my last post about my book.  An honest review is the best thing a reader can give a self-publisher.  Books that haven't been reviewed rarely get purchased. (Because self-publishing has become so prevalent and easy there's a lot of crap out there.)
I'm going to make The Drug Mule's Guide to Wealth, Love, and Happiness free on Amazon Friday 12/13-- no personal information exchange needed.
wynn

mykcob4

Quote from: "wynnwalker"I promise this will be my last post about my book.  An honest review is the best thing a reader can give a self-publisher.  Books that haven't been reviewed rarely get purchased. (Because self-publishing has become so prevalent and easy there's a lot of crap out there.)
I'm going to make The Drug Mule's Guide to Wealth, Love, and Happiness free on Amazon Friday 12/13-- no personal information exchange needed.
wynn
Now wait a minute here. I'm sorry if my post made you think that we aren't interested about your book. That isn't the case at all. As a matter of fact I think writers are the most interesting people in the world.
Don't deny us a part of yourself that may very well be the most interesting part. If my post in particular made you decide to close off that part of you, please accept my most humble and sincere apology and please disregard my previous post.