News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

my first post

Started by wynnwalker, December 03, 2013, 11:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnwalker

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.  I think I'm agnostic, but to be honest I haven't quite figured myself out yet.  Anyway, I just self-published a book.  It's got adventure, romance, and religion mixed together to make what I believe is a pretty good read.

I came up with the idea for the book after listening to my co-worker lecture anyone and everyone about Jesus and god and all that other stuff I think people should keep to themselves.  I'm not the confrontational type and my boss wouldn't do anything so I listened to her for a solid three months before her daily sermons were finally stopped.  I coped by writing.  That's what I do.

The Drug Mule's Guide to Wealth, Love, and Happiness by Wynn Walker.  It costs $2.99 on Amazon but in exchange for an honest review I would gladly offer an interested party a free copy.  Let me know at http://www.amazon.com/Drug-Mules-Guide- ... 1492278076

The Non Prophet

Agnostic about what? this is why I hate the label Agnostic by itself, because not only is it fence sitting but it doesn't explain your beliefs at all, just your capacity of knowledge.

Of course you're Agnostic, most intellectually honest people are. One could however be Gnostic Atheist about certain god claims.

And also good luck with your book :)

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "wynnwalker"I think I'm agnostic

Claiming to be "an agnostic" as a position between atheism and theism is like driving in the middle of the road. Unlike the guy on the wrong side of the road, you will probably not get hurt as much when someone runs into you; but you are still not on the right side, and so it is still an irrational place to be.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

:-D  Welcome aboard wynnwalker! And good luck with your books, and don't give up. Any creative field is a tough business to be in until you have a big hit. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "wynnwalker"Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.  I think I'm agnostic, but to be honest I haven't quite figured myself out yet.  Anyway, I just self-published a book.  It's got adventure, romance, and religion mixed together to make what I believe is a pretty good read.

I came up with the idea for the book after listening to my co-worker lecture anyone and everyone about Jesus and god and all that other stuff I think people should keep to themselves.  I'm not the confrontational type and my boss wouldn't do anything so I listened to her for a solid three months before her daily sermons were finally stopped.  I coped by writing.  That's what I do.

The Drug Mule's Guide to Wealth, Love, and Happiness by Wynn Walker.  It costs $2.99 on Amazon but in exchange for an honest review I would gladly offer an interested party a free copy.  Let me know at http://www.amazon.com/Drug-Mules-Guide- ... 1492278076
You came on here to sell a book? That is dishonest. I don't think that I want to talk about a promotion. I write as well but I use a publisher and an agent. Don't put much stock in self publishing. How do you get a proper edit? The thing is that there are two ways to be properly published.
1) Write a book that the publisher thinks is such a good read that they will invest to promote it.
2) Be famous and even controversial (Sarah Palin) and then it won't matter what you write, if you can write, it will be published because the general public will buy anything.
Self publishing is just a scam to get you to pay what a publisher normally pays for. It's a way to get a large number of amatuers to waste money.

PickelledEggs

Welcome, wynnwalker!  :-D
Quote from: "mykcob4"

You came on here to sell a book? That is dishonest. I don't think that I want to talk about a promotion. I write as well but I use a publisher and an agent. Don't put much stock in self publishing. How do you get a proper edit? The thing is that there are two ways to be properly published.
1) Write a book that the publisher thinks is such a good read that they will invest to promote it.
2) Be famous and even controversial (Sarah Palin) and then it won't matter what you write, if you can write, it will be published because the general public will buy anything.
Self publishing is just a scam to get you to pay what a publisher normally pays for. It's a way to get a large number of amatuers to waste money.
Come on, mykcob. She said she would email a free copy to anyone who asks in return for an honest review. That isn't necessarily spam. And there are a lot of places that provide self publishing services for free. I think amazon is one of them.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

_Xenu_

In all fairness, I've read some fairly compelling independently published books. I'll have to find them because I don't remember the titles, but they're around here somewhere.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Nonetheless, welcome to the forum
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mykcob4

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Welcome, wynnwalker!  :-D
Quote from: "mykcob4"

Come on, mykcob. She said she would email a free copy to anyone who asks in return for an honest review. That isn't necessarily spam. And there are a lot of places that provide self publishing services for free. I think amazon is one of them.
Yeah, but a commercial? Really? Come on. I admire people that write, and I fully understand how hard it is to get published unless your an infamous idiot like Bill O'Reilly or Sarah Palin. Hell "W" got published and he hasn't written anything in his life. I don't think he has actually ever read anything. Being published is suppose to be hard. It serves a purpose to make sure that talent emerges to the top. I know self publishing is a viable alternative, but it is save to say that those who are represented and promoted by publishers most likely have a worthwhile product...at least their first effort anyway. It's a crapshoot with self pulishers. There is no professional editing, no professional assessment of the work, no professional discression or confidence.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

SGOS

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Come on, mykcob. She said she would email a free copy to anyone who asks in return for an honest review. That isn't necessarily spam. And there are a lot of places that provide self publishing services for free. I think amazon is one of them.
I agree.  I don't think the OP is offensive spam.  Who wouldn't want to get their book published, but that doesn't seem to be the direct intent here.  I'm willing to take the OP at face value and help.  Hell, you even get a free book.  It might be a bait and switch disguised as a call for help, but I don't get that feeling.  So where's my free book?  

OK, bla bla but,... I suppose it's time for me to check the provided links.

SGOS

Quote from: "wynnwalker"Hi,  http://www.amazon.com/Drug-Mules-Guide- ... 1492278076
I see you went to Washington State.  I take that to be Pullman.  I've been there often.  I had an aunt and uncle who lived two lots away from the campus on Duncan Lane.  They're both gone now, and I sold their house to a guy that turned it into a rental for students.

mykcob4

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Come on, mykcob. She said she would email a free copy to anyone who asks in return for an honest review. That isn't necessarily spam. And there are a lot of places that provide self publishing services for free. I think amazon is one of them.
I agree.  I don't think the OP is offensive spam.  Who wouldn't want to get their book published, but that doesn't seem to be the direct intent here.  I'm willing to take the OP at face value and help.  Hell, you even get a free book.  It might be a bait and switch disguised as a call for help, but I don't get that feeling.  So where's my free book?  

OK, bla bla but,... I suppose it's time for me to check the provided links.
I don't think that the OP is trying to be offensive. I do think that she is selling a book, trying to cause a buzz. It might be a great book, I wouldn't know. She is still selling a book. And thats fine. I would prefer someone to come onto the forum and say hey I really am selling a book and I would like to know what you think about it. Lets discuss the book.
Take into consideration that she sends you the book. If you find things that should be or need to be changed, she won't do it...CAN'T do it. It's published already.
I would probably like to read her book but I doubt that I will publish my address for her to send me a copy.
Things to think about.
I am all for welcoming any and everyone to the forum. I prefer that they be completely honest about who they are and their intention.
I am doubly for writers getting published and using this forum to actually promote their work in an appropriate thread if possible.
I like writers pro and amateur. Writers think.

leo

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "wynnwalker"I think I'm agnostic
[ Image ]

Claiming to be "an agnostic" as a position between atheism and theism is like driving in the middle of the road. Unlike the guy on the wrong side of the road, you will probably not get hurt as much when someone runs into you; but you are still not on the right side, and so it is still an irrational place to be.
Awesome chart. :-D
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .