News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Commercials you absolutely HATE

Started by Smartmarzipan, November 27, 2013, 05:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

So, which commercials make you want to throw your TV into the sun?

Here's one that sets my teeth on edge every time it comes on.

[youtube:d43p1ine]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYTspIT8xjY[/youtube:d43p1ine]

inb4 "I don't watch TV, Cable is for mindless chimps"
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

aileron

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hydra009

Quote from: "aileron"What's a commercial?
=D>  One of the many perks of being a mildly competent computer user.

As for any commercials that I've regrettably been bombarded with outside of my home: (in ascending order of horribleness)
1.  Political ads
2.  Car dealerships
3.  Infomercials
4.  Local (read: low budget) commercials
5.  Cell phone commercials
6.  Pill commercials

These were particularly bad:

[youtube:17gq1ffe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA[/youtube:17gq1ffe]

[youtube:17gq1ffe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3zgs4CFz4[/youtube:17gq1ffe]

Smartmarzipan

It's a little purple gremlin that lives in your underwear drawer and chews holes in your silks and poops out candy corn.

Hydra009

TrueStory

I cannot stand the Kia hamsters.  They make my skin crawl.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

aileron

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"

It's a little purple gremlin that lives in your underwear drawer and chews holes in your silks and poops out candy corn.

Neat.  Seriously though, I don't think I've seen a commercial in three or four years now.  I have ad blocking software on my computers and smart phones.  Cable sucks lately as it's been targeting lowbrows so I cut it.  It's easy to get everything off of streaming services or what's not available there is available in the deep, dark corners of the internet.  Hook up a home theater PC or other box capable of running XBMC and you're all set.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "aileron"
Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"

Neat.  Seriously though, I don't think I've seen a commercial in three or four years now.  I have ad blocking software on my computers and smart phones.  Cable sucks lately as it's been targeting lowbrows so I cut it.  It's easy to get everything off of streaming services or what's not available there is available in the deep, dark corners of the internet.  Hook up a home theater PC or other box capable of running XBMC and you're all set.

Neat. I'll refer back to my OP...

Quote from: "I"inb4 "I don't watch TV, Cable is for mindless chimps"

AllPurposeAtheist

First alert commercials.. I've fallen and I can't get up!
There's a new one now, some other shitty brand, but aren't they basically just cell phones that you can't place a call from? :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Smartmarzipan

Oooh, another one that I hate.

[youtube:3ki9pjrr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drC2fA86Nc4[/youtube:3ki9pjrr]

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"First alert commercials.. I've fallen and I can't get up!
There's a new one now, some other shitty brand, but aren't they basically just cell phones that you can't place a call from? :roll:

[youtube:1wunupr9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odz-AcEqGW0[/youtube:1wunupr9]

Like this?

GrinningYMIR

[youtube:1v5a3mhu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi9yp17jDX4[/youtube:1v5a3mhu]

words cannot describe my utter and complete hatred for this commercial and all whom were part of it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't get video on this shit phone anymore so.. dunno..  #-o
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

I've fallen and I can't get up! I checked this out for my 2 elderly sisters. If you are more than 150 feet from the console, you are screwed; which means you can't travel very far anyway. If you have a cell phone in your pocket with a 911 preset, you basically save a step and have greater range.

The bitch on the Progressive commercials and the Geico commercials. Gag.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "stromboli"I've fallen and I can't get up! I checked this out for my 2 elderly sisters. If you are more than 150 feet from the console, you are screwed; which means you can't travel very far anyway. If you have a cell phone in your pocket with a 911 preset, you basically save a step and have greater range.

The bitch on the Progressive commercials and the Geico commercials. Gag.

but...but...Flo is hot  :(  :wink:
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit