News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dumb Dynasty, OP/ED

Started by Brian37, November 15, 2013, 12:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

This website was originally named "Atheistnetwork" started back in 99.

Regardless if you started a blasphemous thread about religion, does anyone realize how easily theists could call what we do here bigotry? Most of us know that all we are doing is saying "bullshit", which is why we really don't want theists deciding for us what we mean when we say what we say.

So CONTEXT should matter otherwise theists would be within their rights to call this a hate site.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Brian37"UM BULLSHIT. "Redskin" was created BY NATIVES,  before the expansion to the west when Europeans and Natives were not divided. It was created long before it was adapted in this manor. You are picking an arbitrary point in history.
Actually its origin is disputed, if you really must know. The Natives themselves definitely did not create it, though; it was coined by the European settlers.

Quote from: "Brian37"Now be consistent if you are going to insist on "never" as a tactic. DON'T CALL YOURSELF AN ATHEIST.
It's quite clear looking back at my posts that I never used any such tactic. Don't make shit up when I'm only a click away from catching your lie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Johan

Quote from: "Brian37"Same with the word "Jew" and the word "gay".

Actually its not at all the same. If you had said kyke or fag I'd agree with you. But none of the jewish people I've ever known were offended when others used the word jew. Same with the gay people I've known. They were all down with being identified as gay. In fact in my experience, the only people who seem to think the word jew is a derogatory term are people who have never met or known anyone who was jewish. Same with the word gay.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Brian37

Stop,

If we all insist to silence others because we are offended, there is not one label in human history that could not, if they had the money or political power to make pyres out of those who offend them.

Natives suffered, blacks and gays and women, and Muslims and Jews and Hindus. WHY? Because we stupidly think that taboos solve problems.

Remember your PC argument here the next time someone equates you to Stalin because you don't believe.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37