News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by wolf39us, February 13, 2013, 08:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "wolf39us"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Wolf you're being modest.  Folks, it's not Wolf it's St Wolf - the first Saint of Atheism.  He's a saint for spending ungodly hours piecing our forum back together from sheer will and helpfulness.  Why can't Atheism have it's own Saints?

Mr_C had a huge part as well :-)

I like Saint C.  Will he let us chop off the 'Mr' part?  Cause St C sounds better than St MrC.
just sayin.......
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SvZurich

Bri, do you know what the C used to stand for in his user name?  :)
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SvZurich"Bri, do you know what the C used to stand for in his user name?  :)

Absolutely No idea.  He's always been Mr C to me  *shrug*   Clueless sorry.  lol
(do I want to know?)

BarkAtTheMoon

His original username was Mr_Christian. He joined the forum as a young earth creationist, in the middle of a period of doubting that he admitted to later on after arguing for God, eventually announcing he was dropping theism altogether and becoming an atheist, then asked for the name change.

If you hunt through his oldest posts in the archive, you can find some interesting stuff.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"His original username was Mr_Christian. He joined the forum as a young earth creationist, in the middle of a period of doubting that he admitted to later on after arguing for God, eventually announcing he was dropping theism altogether and becoming an atheist, then asked for the name change.

If you hunt through his oldest posts in the archive, you can find some interesting stuff.

I have not tracked back through anyone's posts (except to find something specific I responded to). I've been taking people here at face value without learning much about their past.  It is good to know people better.  Interesting.
Wonder how many came here as theists and now consider themselves atheists?

SvZurich

Mr_C was refreshingly honest, especially with himself.  He wasn't afraid to ask questions and think on the answers.  I'm still proud of him!  :D
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Anonymous

BarkAtTheMoon

I'd forgotten that his Christian time here started before the split, so his de-conversion announcement happened in one of his earliest posts here. Happened in this thread where another poster did the same, Mr_C's on page 9: archive/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=155.

I know it happens, though it's not terribly common that they are still here to announce it. I'm sure any that have any intellectual honesty walk away from here with some tough questions stewing in their brains.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Anonymous

BarkAtTheMoon... please?

SvZurich

Loki it was good to review some of that thread and remember old friends who have left us.  And twits who deserve to be forgotten are there too!  :D  AR sure was stupid!  :D

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Wheatthins

I don\'t see alot of good or evil in the world, mostly just confused people.

leo

I'm glad  the site is functional again .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

LittleNipper

Hello, I'm a Christian. And I enjoy general discussions. I love people and therefore I love those who also consider themselves atheists.

I find that science, education, logic, etc.. are made more interesting where people are allowed to openly discuss and disagree. I like Antiques, history, record, art, woodworking, refinishing, and the Bible among other things.

One of my favorite music groups while growing up was the Moody Blues. I accept Creation and find that Public Education has been stifled as a result of trying to exclude religious thought.

I note that the generation now in power is rather selfish, spoiled and cheap and it is reflected in both their seeming lack of moral character and manipulation of the laws to exonerate their own shortcomings. I should know, as I grew up thereabouts. Anyway thank you for reading this and I hope our discussions will be enlightening on both sides. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 01, 2016, 05:22:46 PM
Hello, I'm a Christian. And I enjoy general discussions. I love people and therefore I love those who also consider themselves atheists.

I find that science, education, logic, etc.. are made more interesting where people are allowed to openly discuss and disagree. I like Antiques, history, record, art, woodworking, refinishing, and the Bible among other things.

One of my favorite music groups while growing up was the Moody Blues. I accept Creation and find that Public Education has been stifled as a result of trying to exclude religious thought.

I note that the generation now in power is rather selfish, spoiled and cheap and it is reflected in both their seeming lack of moral character and manipulation of the laws to exonerate their own shortcomings. I should know, as I grew up thereabouts. Anyway thank you for reading this and I hope our discussions will be enlightening on both sides.
We have already met, Little Nipper, but let me say--Welcome!  I do hope you stick around.  It seems we just about disagree on every point you made--except the Moody Blues.  I still love those guys!

I have been around religion all my life--I guess in America that is not unusual.  I've often tried to believe.  I have spread those 'tries' throughout my life, and most recently within the last 10/12 yrs.  I even was a board president at a local church for a year and on the board for about 6.  Currently I see not a single bit of evidence for the existence of god, jesus or any other god or gods.  It is all a fiction created by man to control others and to become rich and famous and powerful.  I am more than willing to discuss any and all subjects with you and in a civil tone.  I suspect that I will not change your views, but feel free to try to change mine.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?