News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christian textbook on science

Started by josephpalazzo, November 16, 2013, 09:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

I'm not sure how to qualify this:

(1) A little knowledge can be dangerous.
(2) Religion can REALLY poison the well.

Any other suggestion is welcomed.

Warning: this image could make you vomit.

http://i.imgur.com/2eRkaEw.jpg

stromboli

Wow. Now we know where the future generation of McDonald's employees and truck drivers is coming from.

Solitary

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"I'm not sure how to qualify this:

(1) A little knowledge can be dangerous.
(2) Religion can REALLY poison the well.

Any other suggestion is welcomed.

Warning: this image could make you vomit.

http://i.imgur.com/2eRkaEw.jpg

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

entropy

Also from the same "science" textbook:

(From someone reviewing the book on Amazon - not surprisingly, the book is published by Bob Jones "University")

Quote"A scientist who believes in evolution . . . would reason that the whole area must have been underwater in only the last million years or so. A scientist who believes in the biblical account of Creation would say that the fossil was probably formed a few thousand years ago when the Flood of Noah's time covered the entire earth."

"The usual explanation for coal given by evolutionists, on the other hand, involves imaginary peat bogs that are said to have existed millions of years ago."

"When Galileo first used a telescope to study the heavens in 1609, he was amazed at the number of stars he could see. He declared that the stars were 'innumerable.' People then began to have a greater appreciation for the mighty works of the Creator."

Reminds me of this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp

Jason78

I guess that to christians, electricity must be a lot like magic.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

You are forgetting thunderstorms are caused when god is yelling at little, misbehaving angels and of course the rain is their tears.   [-X
  #-o  :-|  :shock:  8-[

What? You think there's some 'other' explanation?  [-(  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

I feel sorry for the kids future that believe this in our age of science. Is this for real?  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Look, the people pushing these silly agendas are fine by me in the sense that those foolish enough to buy it help to cull the gene pool in the real world.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

sdelsolray

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

Does this include that tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes are caused by gay sex?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "stromboli"Does this include that tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes are caused by gay sex?
Anything bad that ever happened is the result of two men doing the horizontal shuffle. This is proven by science because Bible.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Aletheia

I can't stand seeing someone in need.

Here ya go:

[spoil:2ypvw9e4][/spoil:2ypvw9e4]
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
Quote from: "stromboli"Does this include that tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes are caused by gay sex?
Anything bad that ever happened is the result of two men doing the horizontal shuffle. This is proven by science because Bible.

If the bible says:

Leviticus 18:22
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

AND

Then who are you to argue?

8-)