who's the latest musician you've taken a shine too?

Started by hillbillyatheist, November 13, 2013, 03:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

Just a few days ago I found out about a new country singer named Kacey Musgraves. I think she's fucking awesome!

I'll say a bit and show 3 cool songs. after you read and watch, feel free to comment if you wish, and then mention the latest artist you've discovered that makes you giddy. do note if its been two years since your latest discovery it still counts as the last one you found out about.

Kacey is quoted on her website saying, "I would love to change things about country," she said. "I think we need to be a little more accepting. If you listen to every other genre there's no issue talking about pot or homosexuality or atheism or whatever it is. But you move to our genre and you're like X'd if you bring up any of that. And that makes me want to say it even more."

I just love that attitude, being the liberal  atheist country fan that I am.

but even better, I love her music too. some of it is straight up traditional country, and even the stuff that isn't has a nice folksy feel that I dig.

Check it out!

[youtube:3hxmuwzz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ugS08zy1cA[/youtube:3hxmuwzz]

[youtube:3hxmuwzz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSNJ2Cov6I[/youtube:3hxmuwzz]

[youtube:3hxmuwzz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfAvRAXzOUg[/youtube:3hxmuwzz]
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Brian37

You bastard, you made this post knowing I would respond. No no no you can waterboard me, and shove bamboo under my fingernails I will NEVER CONFESS!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

hillbillyatheist

I made this thread because this woman kicks ass and all must know of her existence. Her music and her attitude make me happier'n a two peckered hound dog.

The fact that you're forced to admit you now like some country songs, well that's just icing on the cake. LOL
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Brian37

NEVER WILL I CONFESS! AND I HATE WOODIE GUTHREY TOO! And I never wrote a poem called "Dusty Banjo"(shameless plug, in the thread link listed in my sig, somewhere)
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"And you hate Woody exactly why?

Um....... a little slow on the uptake aren't we. Why would I write a poem called "Dusty Banjo" based on a movie about Woody Guthrie?

Mmm

Anything calm relaxing, it's chill, i like nature and trees. It's cool...