News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Islam will fail long term.

Started by Brian37, November 12, 2013, 06:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

Just as women escaped sexism in the west, Islam will meet the same fate. Watch out Neil Pert you've got some competition.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAhV8K-v3A
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

I don't believe that humanity slides toward freedom and equality as if it were a natural default state.  I wonder sometimes if western style democracy might be just a temporary anomaly in the human condition.

Oppressive religions have a much more durable track record lasting for thousands of years with very little change.

Brian37

Quote from: "SGOS"I don't believe that humanity slides toward freedom and equality as if it were a natural default state.  I wonder sometimes if western style democracy might be just a temporary anomaly in the human condition.

Oppressive religions have a much more durable track record lasting for thousands of years with very little change.

Um no, while it is true that oppression DOES work in evolution, there is also our compassionate side of our species that has empathy for others.

if things never changed then human progress would not happen.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "SGOS"I don't believe that humanity slides toward freedom and equality as if it were a natural default state.  I wonder sometimes if western style democracy might be just a temporary anomaly in the human condition.

Um no, while it is true that oppression DOES work in evolution, there is also our compassionate side of our species that has empathy for others.

I didn't say that change can't happen, but that doesn't automatically mean things will change according to your perceptions guided by some human dynamic you have a strong faith in.  I just lack that particular faith.

GrinningYMIR

For such a radical religion, I am sometimes surprised at how fast it is growing and how many people it has taken

Then I look at history, and realize people desire to be enslaved by a god
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Brian37

Quote from: "SGOS"

I didn't say that change can't happen, but that doesn't automatically mean things will change according to your perceptions guided by some human dynamic you have a strong faith in.  I just lack that particular faith.

What? What "faith", life is both good and bad and there are no guarantees, I accept that.

SGOS

Quote from: "SGOS"I didn't say that change can't happen, but that doesn't automatically mean things will change according to your perceptions guided by some human dynamic you have a strong faith in.  I just lack that particular faith.

What? What "faith", life is both good and bad and there are no guarantees, I accept that.
You're welcome.

Jmpty

I don't understand what the drummer has to do with Islam. Islam is actually growing in popularity, and her timing is off.
???  ??

Sal1981

Things change, change ? improvement. Improvement might come from change, but it wont come by itself.

Brian37

Quote from: "Jmpty"I don't understand what the drummer has to do with Islam. Islam is actually growing in popularity, and her timing is off.

What?

EVERYTHING! The middle east needs to catch up with the modern world and this is merely a video showing them what compassion and human rights looks like.

Saudi Arabia doesn't allow women to drive, and even more secular Morocco a girl committed suicide after a court sentenced her to marry her rapist.

And for girls of the Arab world, who might view this it shows them that they don't have to put up with the sexism of the societies they live in.

It is a about girl power!

_Xenu_

Hate to say it, but I agree. China has existed for 5,000 years with a fairly consistently oppressive political system.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Brian37

Quote from: "_Xenu_"

Hate to say it, but I agree. China has existed for 5,000 years with a fairly consistently oppressive political system.

Um so? Our species has been around slightly more than 5,000 years.

Solitary

Islam has already failed as a positive force for good, just like Christianity has. When people don't question authority and embrace it, it becomes a force of evil whether it is religious ideals or political ones. Solitaty
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Brian37"Um so? Our species has been around slightly more than 5,000 years.
Yes, but how many countries have survived that long with roughly the same borders? China has always valued stability over personal freedom.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

stromboli

Islam has been here since before 700 CE and currently has 1.57 billion members. I don't think that qualifies as "failing".