Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This Is Nice

Started by Solitary, November 07, 2013, 10:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"Maybe this guy actually cares about people

Maybe the rich guy sitting on top of those Vatican billions does care about people.  Maybe he could show it by helping that man get the medical treatment he so desperately needs?
Don't be silly, if that infected person dies, it's the will of God, didn'tcha know?

ApostateLois

If people mistrust everything the Pope says and does, he has to remember that he and his entire organization brought it on themselves. They simply are not trustworthy. By and large, they are against birth control, abortion, sex education, equal rights for homosexuals, and many other things that would help the world in the long run. They are less about helping people than they are about worshiping a god who has told them that they are more special than everybody else because they happen to believe a certain set of doctrines, and if they quit worshiping that god--or worship him in a different way--they won't get to live in Happy Jesus Fun Land forever.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Hydra009

Quote from: "ApostateLois"They are less about helping people than they are about worshiping a god who has told them that they are more special than everybody else because they happen to believe a certain set of doctrines, and if they quit worshiping that god--or worship him in a different way--they won't get to live in Happy Jesus Fun Land forever.
Religion is just a means to an end.  That end is usually power.

FrankDK

Quote from: "tinker683"I gotta wonder...is there some divine mathematical formula that I'm not aware of? Like, if you get X number of prayers, Y miracle will result?

According to Matthew 21:22, X = 1.

Doesn't seem to work.  Does God have a tech support line?

Frank

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't know one way from the other that he actually thinks he is healing that person or not. It all comes down to if he actually believes in the snake oil he is selling / if making people believe it works actually helps.

No.  It doesn't

He's just as dangerous, even if he isn't doing it with malicious intent.  

A car crash is still deadly.  It doesn't matter how much you believe you wont crash.
True. I actually don't even know what I was saying with that. I think I was on a bit of a overly-nice streak...

//http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/more-children-killed-by-religiously-based-medical-neglect/
This is an article that is related to the pope "healing" people.
QuoteMore children are dying because their parents belong to religious sects that reject medical care.