I Wanted Penelope And I Get This Guy

Started by Solitary, November 09, 2013, 03:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

Oh for the love of fuck. Obamacare is taking away their healthcare!?

WHY do I watch these things? Lying piece of garbage.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

Quote from: "Mermaid"Oh for the love of fuck. Obamacare is taking away their healthcare!?

WHY do I watch these things? Lying piece of garbage.
I actually believe politicians lie more than they tell the truth.  When I hear them speak, I tune them out.  This is not something I force myself to do.  It's just that after listening to so much bullshit for so long, I've come to the conclusion that they have nothing of value to say.

Edit:  Since I felt compelled to comment, I've put my position where I have to actually consider what this guy said.  OK, he's not lying.  Obama has admitted some people will lose their insurance.  He's just milking the situation for political purposes, which bores me as much as when they do lie.  But I am a little embarrassed about commenting without actually listening.