News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Actor

Started by Solitary, November 08, 2013, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I have two favorite actors: Johnny Depp and Gary Oldham. I have actually watched movies with Gary Oldham and never new it was him. Also, I never new who was the main character in Sling blade or Beetlejuice, both who are great actors also. I think Sling blade was the best acting ever.

http://www.foodplus.tv/video-clips/Top_ ... plify_food

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ok.. :| #notacelebfollower
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Ok.. :| #notacelebfollower

So you deprive yourself of this to look at:  =P~    :wink:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Vincent D'onofrio. This guy has played a wide range from a monster (Men In Black) to a gay hustler to a hunky body builder to a psycho suicidal Marine.

Scarlett Johansson. Just because.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"

So you deprive yourself of this to look at:  =P~  [ Image ]  :wink:  Solitary
Looking and following are quite different things. I'm not totally convinced she wants to have wild crazy sex with me at this point..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

I donno....John Garfield! A real tough guy that once beat the hell out of John Wayne for his racist testimony to the UnAmerican Activities Committee that banded Garfield and other jews from working for a time.
Yep! I like John Garfield...all 5' 5'' of him!

Coyote

I sort of bounce between several according to performance.

Johnny Depp for What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Edward Scissor Hands

Gary Oldman for Leon The Professional

Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland

Christian Bale for The Machinist

Colin Firth for The King's Speech

Jamie Foxx for Ray

I think the performance matters the most.

Shiranu

Christoph Waltz. God the guy is sexy AND amazing actor.

(Nazi in Inglorious Bastards, Dr. Schultz in Django)

Benedict Cumberbatch as well... guy is both an amazing person and just kills it as Sherlock and was a really good Kahn as well. Oh, and his is Smaug in the new Hobbit as well as the Necromancer.

Shit, cant forget Christian Bale as well... that guy gets dedicated to his roles.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Leonardo DiCaprio.  He was amazing in The Aviator and Inception.

SGOS

Quote from: "Solitary"

So you deprive yourself of this to look at:  =P~  [ Image ]  :wink:  Solitary
I recognize that picture.  It's from a scene in Summer Catch, a delightful Freddie Price Jr. sleeper movie that most people don't know about.  I think it's the first time I ever noticed "what'shername?".

SGOS

I'll go with Mark Wahlberg.  I'm not sure why.  I like the parts he plays.  I first stood up and took notice in the movie Shooter.

SGOS

Quote from: "Shiranu"Christoph Waltz.
(Nazi in Inglorious Bastards)

Good choice.  I'd never seen him until Tarrantino sprung him on the scene in "Basterds".  All during that movie, I was mesmerized by his acting.  I rarely focus on performance more than the story, but I kept wondering, "Who is this guy?"  I left the theater thinking he deserved an Oscar.  Bingo!  He won an Oscar for that role.