The atheist professor that gets stumped by the Christian...

Started by caseagainstfaith, October 29, 2013, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseagainstfaith

Is now going to be a movie!!!!

[youtube:10e2py4x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PWFEeRApA[/youtube:10e2py4x]

Maybe they'll release it in 3D!!!!

This has Oscar written all over it...
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Hijiri Byakuren

We've talked about this on and off for the better part of a month or two. What rock have you been living under? :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mister Agenda

I've been under some heavy slate. First I've heard about it being a movie, though I'm familiar with the old chestnut it's based on.

I can follow the link from work, so maybe I'm getting the wrong impression.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Savior2006

I'd be curious to hear which "science" supports God's existence.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Jason78

Quote from: "Savior2006"I'd be curious to hear which "science" supports God's existence.
The science of BECAUSE I SAID SO!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

I hadn't seen it either. The trailer seems fair and balanced. Realistic, too.   8-[
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

The humble Christian eviscerates his Professor and humiliates him in front of the entire class.  Yea, God!

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Savior2006"I'd be curious to hear which "science" supports God's existence.

I'm sure they will use the usual "scientific" arguments.  The notable ones are:

1.  Cosmological argument
2.  Fine-tuning argument
3.  design argument
4.  DNA is information argument.

Of course those are BS.  But, I expect at least some of them to be used in the movie.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

NeoLogic26

lulz, Kevin Sorbo as the overly anti-theistic professor who tells his class on day 1 that there is no god. Why does every depiction of atheists in modern media have to be so ham-handed?
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

gussy

No Kirk Cameron?  Every shitty Christian movie needs Kirk Cameron in it.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: "NeoLogic26"lulz, Kevin Sorbo as the overly anti-theistic professor who tells his class on day 1 that there is no god. Why does every depiction of atheists in modern media have to be so ham-handed?
By making the professor a strong atheist, rather than a more typical weak atheist, it puts atheism on an even footing with Christianity.  Both are then defending untenable positions and a battle of bullshit can ensue on a level playing field.

In order to perpetuate the atheist stereotype, the teacher is also portrayed as angry and outspoken.  For the story to work to the advantage of Christianity, the professor needs to be a jerk.  Otherwise, the Christian comes off as an annoying pest trying to convince people that his mythological beliefs are real.

Gerard

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "NeoLogic26"lulz, Kevin Sorbo as the overly anti-theistic professor who tells his class on day 1 that there is no god. Why does every depiction of atheists in modern media have to be so ham-handed?
By making the professor a strong atheist, rather than a more typical weak atheist, it puts atheism on an even footing with Christianity.  Both are then defending untenable positions and a battle of bullshit can ensue on a level playing field.

In order to perpetuate the atheist stereotype, the teacher is also portrayed as angry and outspoken.  For the story to work to the advantage of Christianity, the professor needs to be a jerk.  Otherwise, the Christian comes off as an annoying pest trying to convince people that his mythological beliefs are real.

Exactly! It has to fulfill the purpose of riling up people! Making them angry!

Gerard

Savior2006

Loving the comments on Youtube.

SwollenGoat68 3 days ago

"I'm going to get so? baked and go see this movie."
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano