News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

An Atheist Creationist

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, November 06, 2013, 12:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aupmanyav

Ho-ho-ho-ho. And what about the divine conspiracy a-la-hinduism. Maya makes you see what is not truth as truth.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

josephpalazzo

So, did you ask your step-father that if we are a product from aliens seeds then how were these aliens who seeded us created, by a deity? or did they evolve on some far away planet?

I presume that if he is an atheist as the title indicates then he would have to agree that these aliens evolved. So there. He believes in evolution, not evolution on this planet, but that it took place on some far away galaxy...(Drum in Star War music).

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"So, did you ask your step-father that if we are a product from aliens seeds then how were these aliens who seeded us created, by a deity? or did they evolve on some far away planet?
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"And when he goes off on this tangent, he won't let me get a word in edgewise, because he's "got a degree in physics and used to work at White Sands." (Nevermind all the physicists who would no-doubt think he's nuts.)
:)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

josephpalazzo

One day, get him drunk, so that you can have an edgewise in words.  :P

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"One day, get him drunk, so that you can have an edgewise in words.  :P
He's a recovering alcoholic. Been sober for some 20-odd years now. Goes to his AA meetings twice a week. So that's out.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"One day, get him drunk, so that you can have an edgewise in words.  :P
He's a recovering alcoholic. Been sober for some 20-odd years now. Goes to his AA meetings twice a week. So that's out.

Write your questions on a big poster, and place it somewhere in the house where he will be confronted with almost everyday.

Sample question: Did the aliens once evolve or were they created by a god?

The Non Prophet

Typical of older people and others to replace of one supernatural belief with another one in it's place instead of being objective about the evidence of reality.

aitm

You know, like we all know about our fathers, you will never convince them that you know better than he does. Unless he suggests he can strap you into a "special" chair and electrocute you to Mars, I suggest you just let him go off where he wants to.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Every seven years are body is new accept our brain, which means we are being created and destroyed as we speak.  :shock:  #-o  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Oh yeah, I heard that indian vedas discovered about quantum physics thousands of years ago. :lol:
Well, at least they said "Gods are later than the creation of the universe".
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Johan

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"AllPurposeAtheist wrote:
QuoteThe thing government conspiracy nuts often make mistakes on is they imagine government to be one evil plotting mind and forget government is not one giant static being, it's millions of usually loyal patriotic people and in order for big bad gubnit to pull it all off millions need to be in on the plot..
I must respectfully disagree.  It usually only takes a few, maybe a dozen or so people to be in on the plot for it succeed.  The hands on people usually don't know the whole plot.  They are informed of their small part to do, without having a need to know about the whole.  Then if they guess there is an illegal plot and tell their handler they know, the handler simply tells them they are guilty of treason so they better keep their mouths shut or face the consequences.
Oh for fuck sake. And with that, you have just told me (and I suspect many others) all I need to know about considering your opinion as being credible in any future debate.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

SGOS

He's obviously capable, but spending his time watching FOX news suggests he might have unconscious aversion to reality.

Gerard

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"This needs to be heard to be believed...

So my step-father is an atheist. He also believes that the laws of entropy don't allow evolution by natural selection to occur, he thinks that this article is proof that we were designed by aliens, and he is convinced that the dumbing down of American society is evidence of all of humanity being in a constant state of degradation. And when he goes off on this tangent, he won't let me get a word in edgewise, because he's "got a degree in physics and used to work at White Sands." (Nevermind all the physicists who would no-doubt think he's nuts.) He's also an Alex Jones-Coast to Coast AM-Tinfoil Hat-9/11 Truther kind of guy.

...how do you even get to that point?

That mostly happens to people who, instead of just facing the facts of matters, rather embrace unsubstantiated bullshit they happen to feel comfortable with. Mostly because of political expedience. It's easier for them that way (they think....). In fact they make life and the world harder for themselves and others.

Gerard