News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Talk Radio

Started by aitm, November 05, 2013, 09:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Two things.
One: Years ago I heard a blip on a radio show that it turns out that most "road-rage" incidents have a connection to the amount of bumper stickers on the car. Upon reflection, that would seem to be likely factual, and I have in reality been careful to note vehicles with lots of bumper stickers.

Two: My boss is a "ditto-head' ( a rush limbaugh fan), it seems to me that he, like many like him, carry a rage just under the layer of sensible.  We often travel to jobs or meetings in his vehicle and he always is listening to some conservative whack-job wailing about the demise of america as we know it. I often worry about his heart blowing up with me in the passenger seat. He also wears the "jesus saves" or "god is love" rubber bracelets since his heart attack in Dec. He is about as much a xian as i am in practice of course.

Anyway, today on a road trip some real whak-job was talking about some "spear of somefucking thing or another" that was used to kill jebus and how it has been hidden by the masons and then in the hands of Hitler but then no, Hitler was given a fake and the real spear is in the hands of a well known american after it was once in the hand of a president (I swear I was getting lost in the lineage) yada fucking yada and how there are people chasing after it trying to get it in their hands so they can bring about the end of the world and people need to know about this and ...jesusfuckingchristyougottobefuckingkiddingme... so anyway the show ends and a commercial comes on and he is quiet for a minutes and says, "sometimes these fuckers are nuts".

I had to laugh but not too hard cause I am not sure how much he believed of it. Hoo-boy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

If he gets a bumper sticker that says the "End is Near" I wouldn't ride with him again. :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Poison Tree

Quote from: "aitm"He also wears the "jesus saves" or "god is love" rubber bracelets since his heart attack in Dec.

makes perfect sense  :lol:
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

stromboli

The Spear of Longinus
http://www.crystalinks.com/speardestiny.html

Easily in the top 10 of conspiracy theories. Now let me throw in some weird.

Martin Caidin was a noted writer in the 50's and 60's; "6 Million Dollar Man" comes from his book "Cyborg" and some follow ups. He was a prominent aircraft historian among other things. He was also a talk radio host who claimed psychic ability. He wrote a book called "The Messiah Stone" about a stone that originally came from Africa that was supposedly owned by both Christ and Hitler and conveyed absolute belief on its owner; hence, the followers of Christ and Hitler.  Book here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1445 ... siah_Stone

Supposedly the Pope has it now, but I can't find any references on it. Hmmm........

The Spear of Longinus is mentioned in the book, where I first heard about it. It has been sought after since the early days of Catholicism and is now supposedly in the museum mentioned in Austria. Somewhere along the way, it was tested for authenticity and found to be a fake.

The Messiah Stone- according to Caidin- exists. The Shankara Stones in "Indiana Jones-Temple of Doom" are modeled after it. See, this is all the weird I used to be involved in.  :shock:

Yeah, talk radio is full of bizarre. I had a coworker who listened to Coast to Coast late at night and was into all of that weirdness. Next time you ride with your boss, you might want to check for a gun in the glove compartment.  :-D

SGOS

Quote from: "aitm"... so anyway the show ends and a commercial comes on and he is quiet for a minutes and says, "sometimes these fuckers are nuts".
LOL  A glimmer of hope for humanity!

aileron

Ah, the Holy Lance[sup:1mepnudq]TM[/sup:1mepnudq].  Just as there's enough wood from the Holy Cross to build a Holy Frigate and not one but at least thirteen Holy Foreskins cut from the Holy Wiener, we are blessed with:

The Holy Lance in Rome.

The Holy Lance in Vienna.

The Holy Lance in Echmiadzin.

...And my personal favorite since it is also the home of the Holy Hand Grenade, The Holy Lance of Antioch.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

AllPurposeAtheist

Dontcha just love these whackjob nutters? They serve a real purpose, to remind the rest of us reality actually exist! :lol:
The nutters who amuse me most are those who use the blanket statement: I've seen things... Oh reallly? :-k They do have medication for that problem.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

It's a tad disturbing knowing there is a segment of our population that buys into this shit. I once read that if every claimed piece of the "true cross" were put together, you could build a house with it.  :-D

Triple Nine

It's amazing people like this get airtime, but then again, we still have witch hunts in some parts of the world.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

mykcob4

Of every person that I have known that listens to Rush Limbaugh, to a person say publicly that they don't take hime seriously. The fact is that they do take him seriously and act accordingly. My neighbor: Soccer coach, white collar worker, husband and father, is such a Limbaugh fan it isn't even funny. When Ted Cruz organized an attempt to take down the government, my neighbor was extatic. He would blare Limbaugh from his garage until I smashed his radio. He litterly makes sure to put oil and paint in the trash and hide it from the garbage men. He thinks he is being funny by being an asshole. He loves to stir things up and get a fight started between any two people so he can watch and laugh about it.
He made the mistake one day by trying to goat me into a fight. I told him outloud in front of everyone that I was once two but I grew up...so grow up C****! He lost it. He spent the rest of the day getting drunk working up courage, He then got a golf club and tried to intimidate me with it. I told him to sit down, settle down, put the club down or I would take it away from him. He kept ranting so I swiftly took the club away from him, picked him up and shoved him inot a chair. I told him to shut, sober up, grow up or he'd be wearing that club in his ass on the way home.
All these talk radio junkies get all worked up over bullshit lies that Limbaugh and others make up. That is the conservative mentality. Sound bites, propaganda, smears that rile morons into being idiots!
I fucking can't stand them!

LikelyToBreak

stromboli wrote in part:
QuoteEasily in the top 10 of conspiracy theories.
As the resident conspiracy nut, it is not on my top 10 list.  I only knew about it because of some searching I did once on holy relics.  It might be on some conspiracy nut's top 10 list, but I don't think it is on most top 10 conspiracy nuts' lists.

mykcob4, is your "friend" an asshole because he listens to Rush Limbaugh or is he an asshole who listens to Rush Limbaugh.  If the former, please give us your evidence of causation, otherwise we might conclude it is just correlation.

AllPurposeAtheist

Meh.. Limpball will eventually end up as a footnote of history with the McCarthy's of the world.. and asswipes will always be with us or Charmin and toilet companies will go out of business
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"stromboli wrote in part:
QuoteEasily in the top 10 of conspiracy theories.
As the resident conspiracy nut, it is not on my top 10 list.  I only knew about it because of some searching I did once on holy relics.  It might be on some conspiracy nut's top 10 list, but I don't think it is on most top 10 conspiracy nuts' lists.

mykcob4, is your "friend" an asshole because he listens to Rush Limbaugh or is he an asshole who listens to Rush Limbaugh.  If the former, please give us your evidence of causation, otherwise we might conclude it is just correlation.
My word I gave an example! Didn't you read. He tries to start fights between other people for his own amusement. He hides oil and paint in the trash to see if he can get away with it and because he hates the environment and environmentalist. I love how you just don't get things and try to always make me out to be the bad guy. He isn't my friend. He's a neighbor.
As far as correlation goes, it is a pretty good indication that people that listen to Limbaugh (dittoheads) are assholes. Why else would they lap up all that hate filled speak?!

LikelyToBreak

mykcob4 wrote in part:
QuoteAs far as correlation goes, it is a pretty good indication that people that listen to Limbaugh (dittoheads) are assholes. Why else would they lap up all that hate filled speak?!
Glad we cleared that up.  In answer to your question, maybe because they enjoy yanking on liberals chains.   :-k

mykcob4

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"mykcob4 wrote in part:
QuoteAs far as correlation goes, it is a pretty good indication that people that listen to Limbaugh (dittoheads) are assholes. Why else would they lap up all that hate filled speak?!
Glad we cleared that up.  In answer to your question, maybe because they enjoy yanking on liberals chains.   :-k
There was nothing to clear up and you can keep your condescending attitude. Just because you can't read doesn't mean there was anything in question.