News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DST

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 03, 2013, 11:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "Plu"I have nothing but supreme hatred for DST. I think most programmers do. It's bullshit in its own right, proven to be counter-productive, and everytime I run into some kind of weird time-related bug, I eventually figure out that it's somehow related to daylight savings and then have to waste hours of my time fixing that shit.

Yeah.  Hate it here too.   If people need more daylight, why don't they just change their working hours?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

My natural rhythm is fucked up now because I made the mistake of taking sleeping medication which I never used till this past year. Now I sleep a few hours tops then feel drugged and can't get back to sleep. It's one reason of many why I don't like shrinks. :x
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "stromboli"Yeah. Out here it supposedly helps the farmers and keeps the kiddies from walking to school in the dark for a month, or something. Never been anything to me but a minor annoyance. My clocks all set themselves back electronically, so I only have to change the car clock.
I didn't change my car clocks ahead 6 months ago.  Gee, now I'm so happy I didn't to that. :-D

SGOS

When I used to hunt, turning the clocks back in the fall was a pain in the ass.  It was hard enough getting up an hour or two before sunrise, and it got even worse when we went off of daylight savings.  Although, I never bitched about this to anyone until just now.

Solitary

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"My natural rhythm is fucked up now because I made the mistake of taking sleeping medication which I never used till this past year. Now I sleep a few hours tops then feel drugged and can't get back to sleep. It's one reason of many why I don't like shrinks. :x

You and I both!  =D> Trouble sleeping: The woman seated herself in the psychiatrists office. "What seems to be the problem?" the doctor asked.

"Well, I, uh," she stammered, I have trouble sleeping. "I think I, uh, might be a nymphomaniac."

"I see," he said. "I can help you, but I must advise you that my fee is $80 an hour."

"That's not bad," she replied. "How much for all night?"

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981