News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DST

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 03, 2013, 11:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Love it or hate it..it's time to pointlessly turn the clocks back. Actually it was this morning around 2ish..
Silliness, but you lose an hour of morning beauty sleep..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Yeah. Out here it supposedly helps the farmers and keeps the kiddies from walking to school in the dark for a month, or something. Never been anything to me but a minor annoyance. My clocks all set themselves back electronically, so I only have to change the car clock.

Solitary

Actually you gain an hour of sleep in the fall I believe.  :P   :-s   :lol: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"Actually you gain an hour of sleep in the fall I believe.  :P   :-s   :lol: Solitary
Funny..you don't look any more beautifuler.. :-k

Hijiri Byakuren

I'd be happy if we scrapped it. Arizona has the right idea in that regard.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "Solitary"Actually you gain an hour of sleep in the fall I believe.  :P   :-s   :lol: Solitary
Funny..you don't look any more beautifuler.. :-k

Ha! Stupid white people. May the Great Spirit infest your armpits with a thousand fleas.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

I didn't know I represent white people, but since you confirmed it I want a raise. :)

Plu

I have nothing but supreme hatred for DST. I think most programmers do. It's bullshit in its own right, proven to be counter-productive, and everytime I run into some kind of weird time-related bug, I eventually figure out that it's somehow related to daylight savings and then have to waste hours of my time fixing that shit.

AllPurposeAtheist

Supreme hatred? Well that's pretty strong.
I'm no fan of DST, but supreme hatred makes it kinda sound like perhaps you lost close family members over DST.. Did you? :shock:

Plu

Mostly just way too much time. Probably a year off the end of my life due to frustration and stress as well.

Hydra009

This is me today.  And every day:

Solitary

What do they do at the North Pole during DST?  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"What do they do at the North Pole during DST?  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
Sit in the dark and spin around? :-k

stromboli

Quote from: "Solitary"What do they do at the North Pole during DST?  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

The only correct answer is "freeze their ass off."

Mermaid

It seems to follow my natural rhythms anyway, so I like it. I've started having trouble getting out of bed the last few weeks. This extra hour will help.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR