Which of the 11 American nations do you live in?

Started by drunkenshoe, November 10, 2013, 04:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

El Norte, but thinking of retiring in Greater Appalachia.

The Skeletal Atheist

I live in the Deep South, but I live near a major city (Atlanta) so that discription isn't quite as accurate. Conservatives still rule most things here, but compared to those outside of the metro area they're downright liberal. Honestly I think the metro-Atlanta would qualify as a completely different nation than the rest of the deep south.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"I live in the Deep South, but I live near a major city (Atlanta) so that discription isn't quite as accurate. Conservatives still rule most things here, but compared to those outside of the metro area they're downright liberal. Honestly I think the metro-Atlanta would qualify as a completely different nation than the rest of the deep south.
Yeah, practically every major city in the South is like that.  The political divide isn't so much North vs South as it is urban vs rural.

Mister Agenda

Confirming anecdote, I've lived in several regions, but settled in the Deep South (South Carolina). However, I live in the outskirts of Columbia, a different world than 20 miles further out.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

stromboli

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Confirming anecdote, I've lived in several regions, but settled in the Deep South (South Carolina). However, I live in the outskirts of Columbia, a different world than 20 miles further out.

May be true enough to be considered as axiomatic. Same in Utah, more liberal certainly in Northern Utah, though not so much further South. Provo, which is central Utah, is very conservative because of BYU as the center of "Mormon intellectualism" (a contradiction in terms if ever there was one). But the further you go into the boonies the more fundie they get.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Confirming anecdote, I've lived in several regions, but settled in the Deep South (South Carolina). However, I live in the outskirts of Columbia, a different world than 20 miles further out.
My dad lives in Columbia.. To bad Megabus doesn't go to SC because I really want to go visit him.. Can't afford Greyhound..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SvZurich

Ha, from "Deep South" to eventually "Far West", and overall I think this guy is a charleton trying to sell a book and making shit up as he goes.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

SvZurich

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Fuck you!
No dear, you lost your chance to fuck me.  :)  That's Jennifer's job now.  ;)
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

AllPurposeAtheist

I've lived in Ohio, Montana, California, Colorado, Texas and Florida for a short time. I've traveled to many states, but to be honest not one area nor town changed who I am. Geography doesn't change very many people except those weak willed numb nuts who change to fit in with numb nuts neighbors..

At least that's how I see it. :-k

AllPurposeAtheist

I was kind of wondering about that 'fuck you' too.. I KNOW you don't say anything you don't mean whilst drunk.. Nahhhh..not you!  :lol:

SvZurich

DS, both Jenny and I are fine.  Her birthday is tomorrow.  Think I will head over and stay the night once my school day ends.  :)  Life has been much better for me this past year.  :D

AllPurposeAtheist

Say Happy Birthday for me and don't forget the birthday suits.. Birthdays need formality. :)

Oh yeah..nude pics or it didn't happen! [-X

AllPurposeAtheist

I realized which nation I belong to. I belong to the I have no life nation.  :cry:  It's your fault for mentioning getting a life..  :wink:

stromboli

Glad to see you Kimmie. And glad you have someone in your life.

SvZurich