News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why?

Started by oliver, November 01, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

People love to troll this board, don't they?

God smites thee for trolling. Smite! Smite!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

leo

Why the Wii U sucks so much ?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Savior2006

Quote from: "oliver"Guess I opened that can then lol!    I do believe in God but I don't accept religion, religion has done more harm than good but the problem here is that there are too many wrong religions.  I believe in the God of the Bible because it makes sense and therefore you would call me a Christian and that's fine because it's about freedom and not religion.  

I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here, the Bible is the most accurate to date and no other explanation or theory can match it.  To say there is no God, yes, you would seriously need mentoring just to cope with a life without meaning or purpose.  These forums are really all about discussing trivial things, I mean if you believe there is no God then that's fine, don't have to brag about it so to speak, what is your cause?  In reality nothing is achieved here because you're not pointing people towards salvation but merely destroying there chances.  Christian forums have more purpose because people come together to discuss how God has transformed their lives, it is based on a solid moral worldview with good values and God at the center.  

I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.  

Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

Theist troll thread it is then. :Hangman:
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

aitm

Sometimes the stupid is so incredible that one simply has to watch it to see how it manages to walk and talk.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Agree. don't ban this one, but give him some opportunities to defend his beliefs.

oliver

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "oliver"Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

You know what? You are right. Atheism IS pointless. Do you know what else is pointless?

Circles.... Circles are pointless.
[ Image ]

I'm going to go convert officially tomorrow. Any suggestions of which god to pray to? I know APA is going  to suggest the Tooth Fairy, which isn't totally out of the cards. I do like the idea of getting reimbursed for my missing teeth...

you can pray to anything you want to.. even the tooth fairy or santa claus for all I care, I for one have better things to do.

oliver

Quote from: "aitm"Sometimes the stupid is so incredible that one simply has to watch it to see how it manages to walk and talk.

Explain why someone of Faith could be considered more stupid than an atheist?   I think I live a pretty normal life and sometimes an exceptional one.
Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "oliver"Guess I opened that can then lol!    I do believe in God but I don't accept religion, religion has done more harm than good but the problem here is that there are too many wrong religions.  I believe in the God of the Bible because it makes sense and therefore you would call me a Christian and that's fine because it's about freedom and not religion.  

I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here, the Bible is the most accurate to date and no other explanation or theory can match it.  To say there is no God, yes, you would seriously need mentoring just to cope with a life without meaning or purpose.  These forums are really all about discussing trivial things, I mean if you believe there is no God then that's fine, don't have to brag about it so to speak, what is your cause?  In reality nothing is achieved here because you're not pointing people towards salvation but merely destroying there chances.  Christian forums have more purpose because people come together to discuss how God has transformed their lives, it is based on a solid moral worldview with good values and God at the center.  

I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.  

Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

And who are you to say there is a God, it's a pointless endeavor and a waste of your time and life? Please give us the "historical" facts. Is the Elephant man or a two headed person an example of an intelligent designer?  :shock:  :roll:  Solitary

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Please explain how these are intelligently designed!  :evil:

Looks like  a mutation to me.  You forgot one critical thing, that we live in a fallen world.. the Bible speaks of it in volumes.
While we're on mutations, mutations are never good and don't add information to DNA.. macro-evolution fails in that regard but that's another topic

Savior2006

Quote from: "oliver"you can pray to anything you want to.. even the tooth fairy or santa claus for all I care, I for one have better things to do.

Obviously you don't.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Solitary

QuoteI for one have better things to do.
Cracker alert! This topic is being hacked. I guess we know what his better thing to do is.  :P    [-X    Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Agramon

Quote from: "oliver"While we're on mutations, mutations are never good and don't add information to DNA.. macro-evolution fails in that regard but that's another topic
[spoil:1y4sadfc][/spoil:1y4sadfc]
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Solitary

Quote from: "oliver"
Quote from: "aitm"Sometimes the stupid is so incredible that one simply has to watch it to see how it manages to walk and talk.

Explain why someone of Faith could be considered more stupid than an atheist?   I think I live a pretty normal life and sometimes an exceptional one.
Quote from: "Solitary"

And who are you to say there is a God, it's a pointless endeavor and a waste of your time and life? Please give us the "historical" facts. Is the Elephant man or a two headed person an example of an intelligent designer?  :shock:  :roll:  Solitary

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Please explain how these are intelligently designed!  :evil:

Looks like  a mutation to me.  You forgot one critical thing, that we live in a fallen world.. the Bible speaks of it in volumes.
While we're on mutations, mutations are never good and don't add information to DNA.. macro-evolution fails in that regard but that's another topic

Yes, it is a mutation. Mutations are never good? You wouldn't be here if they weren't good some times. And you forgot one critical thing: God is perfect and makes us in His image. Does God look like that? But God created these monsters because we are in a fallen world? Nice loving God you believe in. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It's true the majority of mutations don't do anything good and some do harm, but to say they are all bad shows you don't have a clue about DNA or what "modern" evolution is saying. The Bible the Bible, is there anything else you pick and choose from? How does evolution fail in that regard?  :roll: I'm warning you, don't go there unless you want to make even a bigger fool of yourself in your knowledge of macro evolution. The Bible speaks volumes about cruelties, sacrifices, contradictions, etc too.  We are all being punished for Eve's transgression of disobeying God? Yeah, that makes sense, if you are an idiot.  :roll:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:      Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "oliver"While we're on mutations, mutations are never good and don't add information to DNA.
[youtube:11jvmnp3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/youtube:11jvmnp3]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

QuoteExplain why someone of Faith could be considered more stupid than an atheist? I think I live a pretty normal life and sometimes an exceptional one.

For one you live an exceptional life because others don't take things on faith but actually figure them out, but you just parasite off them. And it works because they work with things that are real, while we can't parasite off of you because nothing you do actually matters outside of your own little brain.

Mermaid

Quote from: "oliver"Explain why someone of Faith could be considered more stupid than an atheist?  
I don't fundamentally think a theist is more stupid than an atheist. I know plenty of stupid people on either side of the fence. What I do find stupid is a statement like this:
Quote from: "oliver"mutations are never good and don't add information to DNA.. macro-evolution fails in that regard but that's another topic
It is clear that you understand absolutely nothing about evolution and basic cell biology, yet you speak in a manner that asserts that you know what you are talking about. That, my friend, is one of the hallmarks of a stupid person.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Eugeny Anatolievich

Quote from: "oliver"Looks like a mutation to me. You forgot one critical thing, that we live in a fallen world.. the Bible speaks of it in volumes.
Arguments creationists should avoid:

Arguments that should never be used
1. Moon dust thickness proves a young moon.
2. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics began at the Fall. (If so, how could Adam and Eve have eaten and digested their food that they were told to eat before the Fall?)
3. NASA computers, in calculating the positions of planets, found a missing day and 40 minutes, proving Joshua's "long day" (Joshua 10) and Hezekiah's sundial movement (2 Kings 20).
4. There are no beneficial mutations.
5. Darwin recanted on his deathbed.
6. Woolly mammoths were flash frozen during the Flood catastrophe.
7. If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn't exist today. (In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.)
8. No new species have been produced.
9. Ron Wyatt has found much archeological proof of the Bible.

Arguments that should be avoided (because further research is still needed, new research has invalidated aspects of it, or biblical implications may discount it)
1. Evolution is just a theory. ("Theory" has a stronger meaning in scientific fields than in general usage; it is better to say that evolution is just a hypothesis or one model to explain the untestable past.)
2. Microevolution is true but not macroevolution. (People usually mean that we see changes within a kind but not between kinds; however, the important distinction is that we observe changes that do not increase the genetic information in an organism.)
3. There was a water vapor canopy surrounding earth before the Flood.
4. Mitochondrial Eve is only 6000 years old.
5. The Gospel is in the stars.
6. The Japanese trawler Zuiyo Maru caught a dead plesiosaur near New Zealand. (Later research showed it to be a basking shark.)
7. The earth's axis was vertical before the Flood. (Genesis 1:14 reveals seasons did exist prior to the Flood.)
8. Paluxy tracks prove that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.
9. Stars are closer than we are led to believe.
10. There was no rain before the Flood. (Genesis 2:4–6, a passage commonly used to support this, is speaking of Creation Week, prior to the creation of man. It may not be wise to assume this projects into the future until the Flood.)
11. The speed of light has decreased over time.
12. There are no transitional forms. (It would be better to say there are no intermediates between two different kinds. We find variant transitional fossils for animals within the same kind—horse to a horse for example but that is expected in a biblical worldview.)

Common misconceptions/misunderstandings
1. Earth's division in the days of Peleg (Genesis 10:25) refers to catastrophic splitting of the continents. (How could the mountains of Ararat in Genesis 8:4 have existed on Day 150 of the Flood for the Ark to land in, if the Eurasian, African, and Arabian plates had not collided to form these mountains yet?)
2. The Septuagint records the correct Genesis chronology. (Methuselah would have lived 17 years after the Flood without being on the Ark. This is a problem.)
3. The phrase "science falsely so called" in 1 Timothy 6:20 (KJV) refers to evolution.
4. Man could only live to 120 years as per Genesis 6:3. (Then how could many of Noah's descendants outlive 120 years, including Abraham? This makes better sense as a countdown to the Flood.)
5. The Intelligent Design Movement is a Christian movement.
6. Women have one more rib than men.
7. Archaeopteryx is a fraud.
8. The Geneva Bible Society used Voltaire's house to produce Bibles. (This has never been verified.)

See details: http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-ans ... e-dont-use
I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.