News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why?

Started by oliver, November 01, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliver

Guess I opened that can then lol!    I do believe in God but I don't accept religion, religion has done more harm than good but the problem here is that there are too many wrong religions.  I believe in the God of the Bible because it makes sense and therefore you would call me a Christian and that's fine because it's about freedom and not religion.  

I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here, the Bible is the most accurate to date and no other explanation or theory can match it.  To say there is no God, yes, you would seriously need mentoring just to cope with a life without meaning or purpose.  These forums are really all about discussing trivial things, I mean if you believe there is no God then that's fine, don't have to brag about it so to speak, what is your cause?  In reality nothing is achieved here because you're not pointing people towards salvation but merely destroying there chances.  Christian forums have more purpose because people come together to discuss how God has transformed their lives, it is based on a solid moral worldview with good values and God at the center.  

I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.  

Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

Plu

This is your reasoning.

FinalSomnia

Awww lawd, I'm gonna make some popcorn for this epic reaming.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Mermaid

Why? Because religion is pervasive and it's normal for people who think alike to want to reach out to other like-thinkers for validation and discussion.
Remove atheism from the formula and insert just about anything else and you will get the same answer. Why do people who love cars like to read car magazines and post on car forums? Why do farmers like to talk to other farmers?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: "oliver"I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here.
This sentence speaks volumes.

By the way, I beg to differ. There are plausible theories and explanations if you care to study natural sciences. There is really good, logical evidence.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

FinalSomnia

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "oliver"I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here.

By the way, I beg to differ. There are plausible theories and explanations if you care to study natural sciences. There is really good, logical evidence.
Hell, even if it were true that the only way one can explain it is with a "God" (and it isn't) that doesn't make it the truth. The only people that disagree are the uneducated.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Mermaid

Quote from: "FinalSomnia"
Quote from: "Mermaid"

Hell, even if it were true that the only way one can explain it is with a "God" (and it isn't) that doesn't make it the truth. The only people that disagree are the uneducated.
I respect people who make INFORMED decisions and have faith in God. I do not, however, respect willful ignorance. If you say night is day, that doesn't make it so.

That being said, I am aware that my respect doesn't count for a hill of beans to most people, so it is what it is.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "oliver"Guess I opened that can then lol!    I do believe in God but I don't accept religion, religion has done more harm than good but the problem here is that there are too many wrong religions.  I believe in the God of the Bible because it makes sense and therefore you would call me a Christian and that's fine because it's about freedom and not religion.  
Oh dear, you're one of those. Which is to say you're either a troll or extremely misguided. Either way this will probably be a waste of my time. But, eh, I need to sharpen my teeth.

Quote from: "oliver"I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here, the Bible is the most accurate to date and no other explanation or theory can match it.

Quote from: "oliver"To say there is no God, yes, you would seriously need mentoring just to cope with a life without meaning or purpose.
[youtube:39pbmyhy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yHDBHxAfI[/youtube:39pbmyhy]

Quote from: "oliver"These forums are really all about discussing trivial things, I mean if you believe there is no God then that's fine, don't have to brag about it so to speak, what is your cause?  In reality nothing is achieved here because you're not pointing people towards salvation but merely destroying there chances.  Christian forums have more purpose because people come together to discuss how God has transformed their lives, it is based on a solid moral worldview with good values and God at the center.
So many assumptions in one paragraph. Salvation is not real, people do not have immortal souls, and we don't feel the need to waste our time discussing fictional concepts outside the realm of entertainment. That being said, we do like discussing science, philosophy, current events, and theist stupidity. For those of us who were theists to begin with (and some of us were not; I've always been an atheist), we also like discussing how the deconversion process transformed our lives. I guarantee you every former theist here is much happier as an atheist than they ever were in their religious days.

Quote from: "oliver"I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.
[youtube:39pbmyhy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSeM2EVkDc[/youtube:39pbmyhy]

Was that supposed to convince anyone? :lol: Okay, go look over to the left under my avatar. You will see some text that says "been thanked." Click on that little number next to it. Within you shall find a number of examples where I and the others here have trounced theists very much like yourself. When you have read those examples, come back and see if you still want to play this game.

Quote from: "oliver"Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.
Don't waste your time with Christianity; it is a pointless endeavor. We're grown adults, and we're a little old to still be clinging to imaginary friends.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

the_antithesis

Don't be stupid. This forum exists for the same reason every other fucking forum on the internet exists. We're bored and refuse to do something more constructive with our time. So we're fucking off on the internet. And so are you.

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"I come here for beer and pussy....been here near five years ain't seen neither......damn atheist assholes.

Betcha didn't get the free Papa Murphy Pizza vouchers either, didja? Too bad. Reggie was a generous guy. (munches on free Papa Murphy's extra large "Cowboy" pizza)  :-D

Solitary

Quote from: "oliver"Guess I opened that can then lol!    I do believe in God but I don't accept religion, religion has done more harm than good but the problem here is that there are too many wrong religions.  I believe in the God of the Bible because it makes sense and therefore you would call me a Christian and that's fine because it's about freedom and not religion.  

I believe in God because there is no other explanation as why we're here, the Bible is the most accurate to date and no other explanation or theory can match it.  To say there is no God, yes, you would seriously need mentoring just to cope with a life without meaning or purpose.  These forums are really all about discussing trivial things, I mean if you believe there is no God then that's fine, don't have to brag about it so to speak, what is your cause?  In reality nothing is achieved here because you're not pointing people towards salvation but merely destroying there chances.  Christian forums have more purpose because people come together to discuss how God has transformed their lives, it is based on a solid moral worldview with good values and God at the center.  

I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.  

Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

And who are you to say there is a God, it's a pointless endeavor and a waste of your time and life? Please give us the "historical" facts. Is the Elephant man or a two headed person an example of an intelligent designer?  :shock:  :roll:  Solitary

Please explain how these are intelligently designed!  :evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

Quote from: "oliver"I don't rely on faith for my belief.. my belief comes from historical and factual evidence and.. witnessing God work in my own life, even saving my life at times.  The miracle of life, the beauty of life and the revelation from Science of how mysterious and complex life is is all an indication of an intelligent designer.

Nice to know God has time to save your life but apparently his schedule neglected these people:

[spoil:5bbxw8s5]

[/spoil:5bbxw8s5]

Can't forget the beauty of life!

And of course, the Intelligent Designer...

This video may better illustrate how your current concept of reality runs contrary to how reality actually is:

[youtube:5bbxw8s5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5n8jESUEk[/youtube:5bbxw8s5]
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

mykcob4

The bible is accurate? You're daft. You obviously don't command the ability to discern fact from fiction. Christianity isn't about morality it's about obedience! Moralityt exist without and inspite of religion! There is no historical or factual evidence of a god. If there is, then produce it. The facts that you propose here aren't facts, they are assumptions! You may say that life is a miracle but you can't prove it to be a miracle. You can't prove that there is a god. You just assume a god and assume that this god has performed miracles.
Intelligent design? Prove it, just don't assume that because life is complex that someone or some god created it. You have to actually make a connection. So you lack basic logic and basic common sense.
Lets use your logic for a moment. A person dies of a gunshot wound and since none can find the murder we must assume that your god did it. See what I mean about assumption. For everything that cannot be explained YOU assume some god is responsible!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "oliver"Don't waste your time with atheism, it is a pointless endeavor.  After all, who are we to say that there is no God.

You know what? You are right. Atheism IS pointless. Do you know what else is pointless?

Circles.... Circles are pointless.

I'm going to go convert officially tomorrow. Any suggestions of which god to pray to? I know APA is going  to suggest the Tooth Fairy, which isn't totally out of the cards. I do like the idea of getting reimbursed for my missing teeth...

stromboli

Bible is accurate? Oh boy. Bookstores are now starting to list it as religious fiction. You really, seriously need to do some studying.