News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Theist Joining atheistforum.com

Started by Irenaeus, October 31, 2013, 10:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Non Prophet

Quote from: "Irenaeus"Hello people!  I am no atheist but nevertheless, I thought it would be interesting to get to hear the perspective of the antithesis position.  I have for quite some time considered the naturalism/theism discussion and can no longer take atheism seriously whatsoever.  Hopefully I can bring something interesting to the discussions.

1) Which Theism? Using theism in those blanket terms makes it sound like you think any religion makes more sense than Naturalism though I bet if we got it out of you you'd admit to being a Christian probably. So, you considered Naturalism and Theism objectively and can't take Atheism seriously? Well first of all Naturalism doesn't necessarily lead you to Atheism, plenty of Theists believe in the reality of nature (like Evolution etc). Naturalism is a done deal empirically, time to accept reality.

2) It's the default position that one does not believe in something until it has evidence, which you apply to 99.99% of the gods in history, except your god of choice. I can no longer take you seriously if you did not know that or know that in scope, you are 99.99% Atheist.

3) Not all Atheists are Anti-theists, so when you want an Anti-theist position don't conflate that with Atheism. I happen to be both but you started off with a conflation fallacy in your first post, good grief.

(Hate the ugly edit mark when somebody posts right after I edited my post)

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "The Non Prophet"stuff about stuff

Holy shit a necromancer!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

The Non Prophet

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
Quote from: "The Non Prophet"stuff about stuff

Holy shit a necromancer!

? Huh?

The Skeletal Atheist

Before you posted the last post was from the 8th of November.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

The Non Prophet

..And?

Replying to silliness knows no time limit.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "The Non Prophet"..And?

Replying to silliness knows no time limit.
This has nothing to do with anything, but I think your avatar is fucking hilarious. :rollin:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel