News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Extraordinary claims.....

Started by Gerard, October 31, 2013, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

[youtube:2gttk8vx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMop6q3dxY[/youtube:2gttk8vx]

Sorry, but am I hearing this right? Does this guys actually say that claiming that last night's winning lottery ticket contains a given number is an extraordinary claim?

I've never bothered much with William Lane Craig but I seem to understand now why so many people are disconcerted by his style of apologetics.....

Gerard

PghPanther

For a guy who prides himself in logic he is even willing to abandon that when defending his magic book.

He is saying that I require the same amount of evidence for any of the following statements???......

I have a couch in my living room..........

I have a live bear in my living room....

I have an alien from another planet in my living room........

I get visits from the resurrected Christ in my living room.......

He certainly is a "Fool for Christ" that is for sure..........and a "tool" as well.

josephpalazzo

This is the same guy who once said that time is imaginary in GR, therefore the theory is invalid.  #-o

Solitary

He obviously doesn't understand probability---and his logical fallacy of a non-sequitur doesn't help. If what he says is true then he should know the probability of the universe existing without a creator is also true. It seems like his reasoning is also circular or a tautology.  :roll: There was someone, I believe, that won a lottery three times in a row. In my old neighborhood there was a man who won a new car twice in a Church raffle. I wonder how much this idiot would loose when he went to Vegas and saw a man roll 7, 7 times in a row, and then bet everything on 7 on the next bet. I wouldn't even want to hear what he would say after that if he won. :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gerard

Quote from: "Solitary"He obviously doesn't understand probability---and his logical fallacy of a non-sequitur doesn't help. If what he says is true then he should know the probability of the universe existing without a creator is also true. It seems like his reasoning is also circular or a tautology.  :roll: There was someone, I believe, that won a lottery three times in a row. In my old neighborhood there was a man who won a new car twice in a Church raffle. I wonder how much this idiot would loose when he went to Vegas and saw a man roll 7, 7 times in a row, and then bet everything on 7 on the next bet. I wouldn't even want to hear what he would say after that if he won. :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

I suppose that the chance of it being the number on the lottery ticket you have happened to buy is small. But he seems to be saying that this is therefore also true for it to be any number you can imagine.....

Gerard

sdelsolray

Craig looks like he could be Ted Cruz' brother.  His disingenuousness, lies and misrepresentations sound like he could be Cruz' brother.