News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I hate the Elite

Started by mediumaevum, October 30, 2013, 10:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I hate the Elite. Not because they are smart, I actually admire them for their knowledge.
I hate the Elite because they are hiding their knowledge from outsiders, hiding their sources from the public, and that you have to
dig through tons of poorly made advertisments on Google search to get the relevant knowledge.

I'd like to throw out an example of this:

I recently read that you can use your GPU to retrieve Bitcoins, a new currency that looks promising. Recently a Norwegian became a millionaire after 4 years mining.
You need a good, fast GPU in order to gain more Bitcoins than you pay in hardware/electricity bill.

One problem? I can't get the Mining software to work.

I went to the Bitcointalk.org to ask a question. I registered, but right after I submitted the post, I was told I had to wait even more time.
Well, I went to see what other newbies got of answers, and what I read is not new for the Elite, as an answer to ordinary people:

"If you cannot do this and this, you are not supposed to be using this functionality".

What a piece of arrogant SHIT!

It is basically what the Elite is ALWAYS telling the ordinary users. Other people, who are not elitists, have no problems explaining what is wrong, and what you need to do.
But elitists just have to come up with that usual answer: YOU are not good enough, to be knowing about OUR stuff!

It's the same pattern in Mathematics, Biology, Physics and other sciences. It is the same in regards to History, Anthropology or just about ANY subject in which there can be an elite.

I just love the music of the Elite (Classical music). I love the food of the elite (Gourmet). I love the books of the Elite (factual books).
I agree with the (vast majority) theories the Elite is making.

The reason I hate the elite is because they want this music, this food, this litterature and their theories for themselves in their own little clique.
The elite is no better than simple herd animals.

I understand what you mean. There is a lot of information that is hidden for whatever reasons. Even in religion. The theologians keep their opinions to themselves about what they think the soul is, the medical professions keeps knowledge from us that they know because some things they do is unethical and to protect their members. However, I think science keeps us in the dark about a lot of things because they are not sure they are correct on some hypothesis or because it is based on the special language of mathematics and logic we don't understand.

And this leaves the technocrats that have worked hard to know what they know and expect you to do the same. This group are the worst for doing this in my opinion. I think the intellectual snobs think because they have had to work so hard to get their knowledge you should do the same so they can feel superior intellectually. A problem when people think having a lot of knowledge is the same as being smarter even though they have no clue how to be human like the educated Nazis.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

Seriously, who are these "technocrats?" If you mean the IMF stooges who took over Greece and Italy, then I'm going to have to disagree with you.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "mediumaevum"What I am complaining about is that you cannot get to know even the simplest functions without getting told you need an education, even though you are just looking for one single button to click to get the desired result.

But in the cases of Bitcoin, I have yet to see a decent tutorial on the subject. I've googled all day, and no software can be installed that works out-of-the-box.
Ie. not crashing. If software is crashing, it is broken. Period.

This is your problem.  Right here.  You're expecting mining bitcoins to be an easy one click solution.  Now you've found that it's not and that you lack the skills to make it work and you're blaming everyone but yourself.

I can't even get the damn software to NOT CRASH to desktop!

There's a Universe in difference between that and being impatient!

I see other people are having trouble with it as well, but nobody wants to address the problem!

If I could just get the installation of the software to work, I'd be more than happy to spend hours reading about how to mine my own bitcoins, but as long as the damned software cannot even function properly, its broken!

Now you are the one that makes the very good example of arrogance: I cannot get the software to work, I am more than willing to spend hours, figuring out how to use the software, if I can get the software installed and working and there's at least a window with functionalities and features popping up.

But it don't. Instead it crash to desktop.

And you tell me, in that arrogant way, to spend hours reading books about bitcoins. Well, in those books, the installation goes without problems, and the next step is to click those buttons that will never appear on my screen!

You understand now? No, because you are too arrogant!

THAT is Elitism!

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "mediumaevum"I hate the Elite. Not because they are smart, I actually admire them for their knowledge.
I hate the Elite because they are hiding their knowledge from outsiders, hiding their sources from the public, and that you have to
dig through tons of poorly made advertisments on Google search to get the relevant knowledge.

I'd like to throw out an example of this:

I recently read that you can use your GPU to retrieve Bitcoins, a new currency that looks promising. Recently a Norwegian became a millionaire after 4 years mining.
You need a good, fast GPU in order to gain more Bitcoins than you pay in hardware/electricity bill.

One problem? I can't get the Mining software to work.

I went to the Bitcointalk.org to ask a question. I registered, but right after I submitted the post, I was told I had to wait even more time.
Well, I went to see what other newbies got of answers, and what I read is not new for the Elite, as an answer to ordinary people:

"If you cannot do this and this, you are not supposed to be using this functionality".

What a piece of arrogant SHIT!

It is basically what the Elite is ALWAYS telling the ordinary users. Other people, who are not elitists, have no problems explaining what is wrong, and what you need to do.
But elitists just have to come up with that usual answer: YOU are not good enough, to be knowing about OUR stuff!

It's the same pattern in Mathematics, Biology, Physics and other sciences. It is the same in regards to History, Anthropology or just about ANY subject in which there can be an elite.

I just love the music of the Elite (Classical music). I love the food of the elite (Gourmet). I love the books of the Elite (factual books).
I agree with the (vast majority) theories the Elite is making.

The reason I hate the elite is because they want this music, this food, this litterature and their theories for themselves in their own little clique.
The elite is no better than simple herd animals.

I understand what you mean. There is a lot of information that is hidden for whatever reasons. Even in religion. The theologians keep their opinions to themselves about what they think the soul is, the medical professions keeps knowledge from us that they know because some things they do is unethical and to protect their members. However, I think science keeps us in the dark about a lot of things because they are not sure they are correct on some hypothesis or because it is based on the special language of mathematics and logic we don't understand.

And this leaves the technocrats that have worked hard to know what they know and expect you to do the same. This group are the worst for doing this in my opinion. I think the intellectual snobs think because they have had to work so hard to get their knowledge you should do the same so they can feel superior intellectually. A problem when people think having a lot of knowledge is the same as being smarter even though they have no clue how to be human like the educated Nazis.  :roll:  Solitary

At last. This is the best description for the elite:

[-(

- Not talking.

Just because one has worked hard to get to that knowledge (ie. the archeologist working in the fields) doesn't mean one is superior to those who read the results (the book reader).

Plu

Nobody is going to spend hours of their time helping you figure out why the software doesn't work on your machine for free. That shit is complicated, time consuming, and really annoying.

Plus you always act like a fucking twat, which makes people even less interested in helping you out.

Maybe if you offered good money they'd be willing to invest the time.

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I can't even get the damn software to NOT CRASH to desktop!

There's a Universe in difference between that and being impatient!

I see other people are having trouble with it as well, but nobody wants to address the problem!

Why don't you address the problem?  

Quote from: "mediumaevum"If I could just get the installation of the software to work, I'd be more than happy to spend hours reading about how to mine my own bitcoins, but as long as the damned software cannot even function properly, its broken!

Maybe you should read up on how to install the software correctly.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"Now you are the one that makes the very good example of arrogance: I cannot get the software to work, I am more than willing to spend hours, figuring out how to use the software, if I can get the software installed and working and there's at least a window with functionalities and features popping up.

But it don't. Instead it crash to desktop.

And you tell me, in that arrogant way, to spend hours reading books about bitcoins. Well, in those books, the installation goes without problems, and the next step is to click those buttons that will never appear on my screen!

You understand now? No, because you are too arrogant!

THAT is Elitism!

You know, you could always write your own application to mine bitcoins.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

I didn't realize atheists were into this, "The scientists/educated/"elite" are out to oppress us!" bullshit that Rick Santorum and his ilk peddle. Just goes to show that nutty can come in any flavour...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

The Elite aren't out to get us, at least not all of them. More like they see places to make more money and they exploit them, just as we would. I'm against the 1% as much as the next guy, however I recognize that there is a need for their existence, and all governments will end up with a group of elite. Even Communist states became more totalitarian than anything else.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

He isn't even saying the 1% is the elite though... pretty much anyone who is proficient in a field is "the elite", and they are out to keep him from ever reaching their level.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Oh  :-k

Well then; elites are still needed. And having an elite member of a group, any group, can help because they have proven themselves able to perform above and beyond what the average person does. While they may be trying to poison your efforts, it is not likely that every single elite person out there is out to get you
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Plu"Plus you always act like a fucking twat, which makes people even less interested in helping you out.

Be careful, or I will put forth arguments for the enslavement of the neurotypicals!

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Oh  :-k

Well then; elites are still needed. And having an elite member of a group, any group, can help because they have proven themselves able to perform above and beyond what the average person does. While they may be trying to poison your efforts, it is not likely that every single elite person out there is out to get you

The core of my post was to show that group behavior is bad. It poisons people's individual identity.

Be it religious communities or Atheist communities. Be it common folks or Elite groups.

Plu

You can argue all you want, it won't change the fact that you will still not be able to mine bitcoins and that nobody feels sorry for you.

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Plu"You can argue all you want, it won't change the fact that you will still not be able to mine bitcoins and that nobody feels sorry for you.

I take back my comment about the enslavement.

Sorry, I don't feel well.

Plu

Not feeling well happens. But it doesn't mean your argument now suddenly makes sense. Most people aren't "denying" you the ability to do what they do because they are "elitist" about it. Most people simply don't have the time or patience (or care) to teach you. Remember that you are asking them to spend their time teaching some guy they don't know and get nothing in return. It's an unfavorable transaction for most people and you shouldn't hold it against them that they will not engage in it.

They have no obligation to spend their time helping you.

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Plu"Not feeling well happens. But it doesn't mean your argument now suddenly makes sense. Most people aren't "denying" you the ability to do what they do because they are "elitist" about it. Most people simply don't have the time or patience (or care) to teach you. Remember that you are asking them to spend their time teaching some guy they don't know and get nothing in return. It's an unfavorable transaction for most people and you shouldn't hold it against them that they will not engage in it.

They have no obligation to spend their time helping you.

I know, I just had a breakdown.

You should feel sorry for me, it ain't pleasurable.

It will probably happen again.