News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I hate the Elite

Started by mediumaevum, October 30, 2013, 10:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediumaevum

I hate the Elite. Not because they are smart, I actually admire them for their knowledge.
I hate the Elite because they are hiding their knowledge from outsiders, hiding their sources from the public, and that you have to
dig through tons of poorly made advertisments on Google search to get the relevant knowledge.

I'd like to throw out an example of this:

I recently read that you can use your GPU to retrieve Bitcoins, a new currency that looks promising. Recently a Norwegian became a millionaire after 4 years mining.
You need a good, fast GPU in order to gain more Bitcoins than you pay in hardware/electricity bill.

One problem? I can't get the Mining software to work.

I went to the Bitcointalk.org to ask a question. I registered, but right after I submitted the post, I was told I had to wait even more time.
Well, I went to see what other newbies got of answers, and what I read is not new for the Elite, as an answer to ordinary people:

"If you cannot do this and this, you are not supposed to be using this functionality".

What a piece of arrogant SHIT!

It is basically what the Elite is ALWAYS telling the ordinary users. Other people, who are not elitists, have no problems explaining what is wrong, and what you need to do.
But elitists just have to come up with that usual answer: YOU are not good enough, to be knowing about OUR stuff!

It's the same pattern in Mathematics, Biology, Physics and other sciences. It is the same in regards to History, Anthropology or just about ANY subject in which there can be an elite.

I just love the music of the Elite (Classical music). I love the food of the elite (Gourmet). I love the books of the Elite (factual books).
I agree with the (vast majority) theories the Elite is making.

The reason I hate the elite is because they want this music, this food, this litterature and their theories for themselves in their own little clique.
The elite is no better than simple herd animals.

Jason78

Oh screw fucking you.

If you cannot be arsed to actually learn what it is that you want to do then you've got no business complaining that you can't do it.  No one is hiding knowledge from you.  There's a steep learning curve associated with the task you've described, there's no shortcut to instant knowledge.

You're like a monkey that wants to drive a car.  But you've no intention of taking lessons and passing your driving test.  You just think you can get behind the wheel and make brum brum noises and expect it to go.

Then when it doesn't work you complain that everyone else is driving around.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Jason78"Oh screw fucking you.

If you cannot be arsed to actually learn what it is that you want to do then you've got no business complaining that you can't do it.  No one is hiding knowledge from you.  There's a steep learning curve associated with the task you've described, there's no shortcut to instant knowledge.

You're like a monkey that wants to drive a car.  But you've no intention of taking lessons and passing your driving test.  You just think you can get behind the wheel and make brum brum noises and expect it to go.

Then when it doesn't work you complain that everyone else is driving around.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I learned to use Blender, which is Open Source free but highly advanced and sophisticated 3D modelling/animation software.

I learned it, not by listening to the Elitists telling me that I should study for hours on a university or art schools. I learned it by some very good tutorials on YouTube.

It just proves YOU wrong!

Those making tutorials are the non-elitists. The elitists just want people to believe ths shit that the elists got their BASIC knowledge from YEARS of study, while in fact they got their basic knowledge from some extremely good tutors!

Hijiri Byakuren

Superman took care of The Elite just fine. I dunno what the hell you're so worried about.

[youtube:hu059iod]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H_xBVDw7rw[/youtube:hu059iod]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mediumaevum

The Elite has spend little to no time and effort into getting their skills.
They learned them by some good tutors they paid for.

They just want to SEEM to others like they put in any effort.

I've put little to no effort into learning 3d modelling and animation/rendering, because I've got good tutors myself, so I know what I am talking about.
I just hate when people claim that they have to put in effort in something that they themselves got nearly free of any effort.

There's a HUGE difference between reading a thick book and remembering the hotkeys, or getting told the hotkeys THEN read the thick book.

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"The Elite has spend little to no time and effort into getting their skills.

I've put little to no effort into learning 3d modelling and animation/rendering, because I've got good tutors myself, so I know what I am talking about.
I just hate when people claim that they have to put in effort in something that they themselves got nearly free of any effort.

So you got good at one thing without putting in any effort and you reckon that everything should work that way.

FFS, grow up!

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"You have no idea what you are talking about.

I learned to use Blender, which is Open Source free but highly advanced and sophisticated 3D modelling/animation software.

I learned it, not by listening to the Elitists telling me that I should study for hours on a university or art schools. I learned it by some very good tutorials on YouTube.

Those making tutorials are the non-elitists. The elitists just want people to believe ths shit that the elists got their BASIC knowledge from YEARS of study, while in fact they got their basic knowledge from some extremely good tutors!

I learned to use photoshop.  It doesn't make me a graphic designer and it never will.

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "mediumaevum"The Elite has spend little to no time and effort into getting their skills.

So you got good at one thing without putting in any effort and you reckon that everything should work that way.

FFS, grow up!

As I said, there is a huge difference from me getting told the hotkeys and how stuff works, then reading about the advanced stuff later, or to actually have to sit down and read and study for years, then slowly beginning to do something. The first one is the right path to knowledge, the other is just silly!

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "mediumaevum"You have no idea what you are talking about.

I learned to use photoshop.  It doesn't make me a graphic designer and it never will.

True, but as I have told now 3 times, it matters a lot when you learn to use the software. The advanced stuff behind HOW it works, not how to use it, but how the "mechanics" works, it makes it a lot easier to get to know how the stuff works when you have tried working with it beforehand.

The whole education system for the lower classes, setup by the upper classes to keep people down, is to make the learning curve as steep as possible, even way more steep than actually neccessary.

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"As I said, there is a huge difference from me getting told the hotkeys and how stuff works, then reading about the advanced stuff later, or to actually have to sit down and read and study for years, then slowly beginning to do something. The first one is the right path to knowledge, the other is just silly!

Yeah, why should you have to learn what you need to do to install the software like everyone else?

You're special.  I get that now.  Someone should have worked out what you need to do so you can click a button and instantly become an internet billionaire.  Why should you have to take the slow path?

Damn those Elitists for hiding away the knowledge that could lead to millions and billions of bitcoins!

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"The whole education system for the lower classes, setup by the upper classes to keep people down, is to make the learning curve as steep as possible, even way more steep than actually neccessary.

Yeah.  I bet being a doctor is really easy too.  They make it look much harder than it is to keep anyone that can't afford to spend 8 years of university fees on learning how to do it out.

I've seen someone cut out an appendix.  I'm sure I could do it too if those Elitist doctors wouldn't keep all that esoteric medical knowledge to themselves!

mediumaevum

While it is true that you cannot become a graphics designer without getting an education as such, it is not neccessary to get a graphics designer education to learn how
to use photoshop.

The elitists want us to believe that in order to use Photoshop, you need to be a graphics designer.
Which is nothing but bullshit.

Jason78

To use photoshop effectively, there are a number of prerequisite skills.  You can't just expect to install it and create a masterpiece.

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Jason78"To use photoshop effectively, there are a number of prerequisite skills.  You can't just expect to install it and create a masterpiece.

What I am complaining about is that you cannot get to know even the simplest functions without getting told you need an education, even though you are just looking for one single button to click to get the desired result.

I can get satisfied result in GIMP using the clone tool. I don't need to be a graphics designer to use the Clone tool in GIMP.

Fortunatly, most serious pieces of software offer a manual carefully guiding you through the functionalities.

But in the cases of Bitcoin, I have yet to see a decent tutorial on the subject. I've googled all day, and no software can be installed that works out-of-the-box.
Ie. not crashing. If software is crashing, it is broken. Period.

The problem with Bitcoin would be like if I needed the Clone tool in GIMP and every time I install GIMP, it crash.
Now you go tell me I need an education as a graphics designer and that I need to know how to code advanced graphics software too, and, in the meantime, I should study
advanced mathematics at a university.

Jason78

Quote from: "mediumaevum"What I am complaining about is that you cannot get to know even the simplest functions without getting told you need an education, even though you are just looking for one single button to click to get the desired result.

But in the cases of Bitcoin, I have yet to see a decent tutorial on the subject. I've googled all day, and no software can be installed that works out-of-the-box.
Ie. not crashing. If software is crashing, it is broken. Period.

This is your problem.  Right here.  You're expecting mining bitcoins to be an easy one click solution.  Now you've found that it's not and that you lack the skills to make it work and you're blaming everyone but yourself.