Texas abortion law struck down!

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 28, 2013, 04:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

CNN reporting a federal judge struck it down saying it restricts what a doctor and patient can do what's best for patient.. Details sure to come and more bullshit legislating as well..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

josephpalazzo

There are a few good men in Texas. That judge should get a medal, or something.

Eric1958

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"There are a few good men in Texas. That judge should get a medal, or something.
A medal? He'll get hate mail and death threats. Worst case scenario, some christian wack job will kill him. Best case scenario, his decision is upheld. But that's a lot to hope for in Texas.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Eric1958"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"There are a few good men in Texas. That judge should get a medal, or something.
A medal? He'll get hate mail and death threats. Worst case scenario, some christian wack job will kill him. Best case scenario, his decision is upheld. But that's a lot to hope for in Texas.

I know, for a while I let hope get the best out of me.  :(

AllPurposeAtheist

It's not really up to Texas. This is all headed to SCOTUS to be decided and I'm not sure which is worse.

Shiranu

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "Eric1958"

I know, for a while I let hope get the best out of me.  :(

Don't worry, Texas isn't even remotely that bad. They have far bigger targets that would be on their hit list who are still walking and serving.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

I just read where the worst tippers are people that use God as an excuse. Now we know why they hate our government so much, it goes against their delusional beliefs and the fact that our president is black from the Land of Nod.  :roll:   :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

billhilly

Don't get too excited.  He only blocked part of the shit that was passed.

QuoteU.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel ruled Monday that a provision to require abortion providers to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals is unconstitutional.

Yeakel also partially blocked new restrictions on pregnancy-ending drugs, saying they "may not be enforced against any physician who determines, in appropriate medical judgment, to perform a medication-abortion using the off-label protocol for the preservation of the life or health of the mother."

The rest of it apparently is still in effect although the admitting privileges deal was the worst part of it IMO.