News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Capital Punishment

Started by dgirl1986, October 22, 2013, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

You're both being stupid. This is my original post and I stick fully with it. Stop with the "what if"  shit and postulating like you're some moral superior fucks when you're not.

QuoteI see no use of keeping something alive that has no qualms with raping/sodomizing and butchering another human into pieces. I am all for running their brain through whatever thinga-ma-jig you wish and then throwing it into a pen of very hungry hogs.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

What you mention above is only a very small subset of the kind of people who receive the death penalty, though. So do you mean "mostly opposed except for the most extreme cases"? Otherwise your statements still don't seem to make sense, at least not to me.

(There's also plenty of use for them as test subjects, maybe we'll finally figure out how empathy works and can be turned on in people who don't seem to have any.)

mykcob4

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "dgirl1986"I always wonder about "lawful" executions and capital punishment in general. We do not have it here which may be why I find it hard to wrap my head around it.
Most don't care if an innocent person is executed or not.

"Most" time mykcob4 is fairly close to somewhat of the truth, and then sometimes he opens his hole and shit falls out as is the case this time.
What! You're insane!

mykcob4

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"It's researched and documented many times that it doesn't deter any crime.

Nonsense, it is an absolute fact that the dead will not, do not and cannot commit any more crimes, whereas, those who have murdered and who manage to escape have killed again or are willing to kill again. Case in point in Florida just last week,  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/21/2- ... thorities/
 now if those escaped murderers were in your neighborhood the howls we would hear. Odd how some scream about any particular "thing" being fixed because it might save ONE life, but eliminating a proven killing machine is somehow more evil than allowing it to live and giving it a chance to kill again.

People who are in favor of allowing people who butcher other humans to live should be willing to sign a list with their address so these pieces of shit can find shelter at their house.
So in your infinite wisdom you used FOX NOISE as your source. That seems logical!@#$%^&*()?! NOT!

mykcob4

Again Capitol Punishment is nothing more than revenge. Some say on this forum that it is a deterant and they add that the people executed can never committ another crime. It doesn't change the fact that it is simply revenge. Stats have proven that execution doesn't lower crime.
I get the mob mentality the vegilanty idealism and it's a stupid, unlawful, unjust, and innacurate way to do things. It's basically a knee jerk reaction by moronic people.
"I heard old Bill raped a youngin'! Lets get a rope and hang him!"  That kind of mentality is exactly the thought process that wants, loves the death penalty.
Revenge is revenge!

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Mermaid"I see it as absolutely immoral and unethical as well as inefficient and unjust. And that would be my opinion if there was an absolute guarantee that only guilty parties would be executed.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.
Please explain how if it was guaranteed that only guilty parties were executed, it would be an inefficient system, as opposed to keeping them alive and caring for them out of the taxpayer's pocket?

aitm

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"It's researched and documented many times that it doesn't deter any crime.

Nonsense, it is an absolute fact that the dead will not, do not and cannot commit any more crimes, whereas, those who have murdered and who manage to escape have killed again or are willing to kill again. Case in point in Florida just last week,  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/21/2- ... thorities/
 now if those escaped murderers were in your neighborhood the howls we would hear. Odd how some scream about any particular "thing" being fixed because it might save ONE life, but eliminating a proven killing machine is somehow more evil than allowing it to live and giving it a chance to kill again.

People who are in favor of allowing people who butcher other humans to live should be willing to sign a list with their address so these pieces of shit can find shelter at their house.
So in your infinite wisdom you used FOX NOISE as your source. That seems logical!@#$%^&*()?! NOT!

its a link to the story jack-ass.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: "mykcob4"Again Capitol Punishment is nothing more than revenge. Some say on this forum that it is a deterant and they add that the people executed can never committ another crime. It doesn't change the fact that it is simply revenge. Stats have proven that execution doesn't lower crime.
I get the mob mentality the vegilanty idealism and it's a stupid, unlawful, unjust, and innacurate way to do things. It's basically a knee jerk reaction by moronic people.
"I heard old Bill raped a youngin'! Lets get a rope and hang him!"  That kind of mentality is exactly the thought process that wants, loves the death penalty.
Revenge is revenge!

there you go again, stupid just gushes from your pie hole today. You should try reading and comprehension. Of course you would associate vigilantism with executing a piece of shit that enjoys butchering people because you want to suck face and get butt -fucked by people who enjoy blood gushing all over their body, you probably want to join their club, sicko.

Plu

Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "Mermaid"I see it as absolutely immoral and unethical as well as inefficient and unjust. And that would be my opinion if there was an absolute guarantee that only guilty parties would be executed.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.
Please explain how if it was guaranteed that only guilty parties were executed, it would be an inefficient system, as opposed to keeping them alive and caring for them out of the taxpayer's pocket?

The cost in determining absolute guilt would most likely be higher than the cost of life long detention. (If it's not, we've reached a point where these kind of things need to be reconsidered; but I hope by then we've also figured out how to cure psychopathy.)

Gerard

I'm not in favour of the death penalty unless perhaps in very extraordinary circumstances. I'm also not in favour of locking up people for life if they can be rehabilitated and pose no danger to society anymore, although some people must stay in for life for the protection of society. I don't buy the dichotomy between saints and monsters. The situation about people (even criminal ones) is mostly not that simple. Only in some cases you have well defined extremes and they get the most media attention.... Which is what we crave for. That's at the core of the success of the Nancy Grace's of this world who want to fit everyone in the dichotomy I spoke off. And the public feels comfortable with that.

Gerard

mykcob4

Quote from: "mykcob4"Again Capitol Punishment is nothing more than revenge. Some say on this forum that it is a deterant and they add that the people executed can never committ another crime. It doesn't change the fact that it is simply revenge. Stats have proven that execution doesn't lower crime.
Revenge is revenge!

there you go again, stupid just gushes from your pie hole today. You should try reading and comprehension. Of course you would associate vigilantism with executing a piece of shit that enjoys butchering people because you want to suck face and get butt -fucked by people who enjoy blood gushing all over their body, you probably want to join their club, sicko.
Alright I've had it with you. You think that you can call someone stupid just because they don't have YOUR fucked up opinion.
The fact is cost wise it is far more expensive to execute some one than give them a live sentence.
When you execute someone you enact revenge, you don't exact justice, you don't prevent crimes. That isn't stupidity it is just a fact. So dumbass since you think that you can be a big fucking asshole because you can hide behind the net, you'd better get a grip on reality and the truth.

aitm

Quote from: "mykcob4"Alright I've had it with you.....  

oh boo fucking hoo, you sicko fuck....

[spoil:20r6zrxg][/spoil:20r6zrxg]

GrinningYMIR

At risk of being called a conservative murderer, I side with aitm. Acting all high and mighty with the moral ground is all good, and I respect those of you who do want to avoid the death penalty and executions. It is fine.

However; there are many out there who deserve to die, whom inflicted more pain upon their victims than any lethal injection could possibly match.
I recognize that innocents are sometimes killed, and I am saddened by it, nevertheless I do not believe that abolishing the death penalty out of a desire to be higher morally than the criminals you condemn will accomplish anything than letting them live a lot longer than they should.

Bundy?
Gacy?
Eichman?

Hell you know we would have executed Hitler if we had gotten our hands on him.

These people gave up their humanity when they committed their crimes, as such, they do not deserve mercy. No matter what ethics would say.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mykcob4

Quote from: "mykcob4"Alright I've had it with you.....  

oh boo fucking hoo, you sicko fuck....

[spoil:wv18buw4][ Image ][/spoil:wv18buw4]
So in your most mature manner you have decided that you would complete misrepresent this forum and denegrate me with personal insults. You are suppose to be a staff member. Well you've failed in the spirit of the forum and the responsibility of that position. If you disagree with me, it isn't necessary to lob personal insults.
I will not trade insults with you.

GrinningYMIR

Hey Mykcob, in the short time I've been here; every single post you have done has either been what could be considered a rant and or insulting. In one of my first posts you called me something along the lines of an ignorant conservative idiot. And now when you are countered with someone who is meeting your insults with his own, you attempt to take the moral high ground by calling him childish and insinuating that he is not worthy of being a staff member.

to that I say;

Fuck off
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit