Tea Party: Class Action Lawsuit Against Homosexuality

Started by stromboli, October 19, 2013, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

WARNING! May cause brain shrinkage! :shock:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... r=Politics

QuoteFormer Baptist pastor and Tea Party Unity founder Rick Scarborough spoke with conservative activist Peter LaBarbera on Thursday about potential anti-gay strategies, including a class action lawsuit against homosexuality.

"The whole issue of a class action lawsuit, you and I have talked about this a little bit," Scarborough told LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth about Homosexuality, in a conversation at a Tea Party Unity gathering Thursday. People For the American Way's Right Wing Watch, a progressive advocacy group that monitors and reports on conservative political organizations, posted a partial transcript and audio recording of the discussion.

Scarborough said he believes homosexuality and tobacco companies should be equally vulnerable to class action lawsuits.

"Obviously, statistically now even the Centers for Disease Control verifies that homosexuality much more likely leads to AIDS than smoking leads to cancer. And yet the entire nation has rejected smoking, billions of dollars are put into a trust fund to help cancer victims and the tobacco industry was held accountable for that," Scarborough said.

The CDC reported in 2008 that "more deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined."

But LaBarbera agreed with Scarborough, Raw Story reported, and added, "We need to work on our conservative, alternate media and say, 'look, don't do the pro-gay thing, why don't you rather step out and support these ex-gays?' We should encourage Fox News to tell these stories ... these wonderful stories of happy men and women who have left the homosexual lifestyle."

Earlier this year, Scarborough expressed anti-gay sentiments, declaring the word "gay" an "abuse of the language" during a guest sermon in New Jersey.

"They're not gay ... that's a twist into the words," Scarborough argued. "It won't be long until we'll be calling pedophiles 'happy people.'"

I'm amazed this guy isn't permanently disabled from slipping in his own drool.

Solitary

I think "OUR" government should make a class action lawsuit against the Tea Party for insurrection against our secular nation by trying to make it a Christian Theocracy based on its dogma.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

QuoteBut LaBarbera agreed with Scarborough, Raw Story reported, and added, "We need to work on our conservative, alternate media and say, 'look, don't do the pro-gay thing, why don't you rather step out and support these ex-gays?' We should encourage Fox News to tell these stories ... these wonderful stories of happy men and women who have left the homosexual lifestyle."
Right wing media too soft on gays?  DAFUQ?!

Aroura33

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Eric1958

The very name "Americans for the truth about homosexuality" sends a shiver up my spine..

GrinningYMIR

If they think they can sue because someone is gay, does that mean I can sue the burger king guy for burring my fries? or the hippies at my school for being hippies? or my ex for being a bitch?

so many possibilities.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

What is the homosexual life style?  :roll:  Being promiscuous? How about two people loving each other and wanting to get married to show their commitment to each other that "SUPPORTS MARRIAGE?" Idiots!  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

Is it Republicanism that drives people insane, or is it insanity that drives people Republican?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Atheon"Is it Republicanism that drives people insane, or is it insanity that drives people Republican?
Probably goes both ways.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hijiri Byakuren

Stupidity like this should be punishable by a beating over the head with a full printed copy of Wikipedia.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Stupidity like this should be punishable by a beating over the head with a full printed copy of Wikipedia.
I endorse this message.  :popcorn:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

SGOS

Quote from: "Eric1958"The very name "Americans for the truth about homosexuality" sends a shiver up my spine..
These guys are experts.  Why, just the name of the group should tell you that.

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Atheon"Is it Republicanism that drives people insane, or is it insanity that drives people Republican?

I predict in the future that Republicanism and insanity will be synonymous.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken