Utah entertaining us with stupid

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 18, 2013, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: "aileron"
Quote from: "aitm"meh, its a fucking rock.

So who draws the line between "protected rock formation" and "fucking rock"?  It wasn't his decision or yours to make.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"and why this is all Obama's fault.

:rollin:  :rollin:

there are some.....there are some

:rollin:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Is it really just about a rolling stone? [youtube:2weehmjd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGaBlygm0UY[/youtube:2weehmjd] This is more than just the fact that it was just a stone, it's about grown men acting like children and breaking the law that are suppose to be roll models to children. "Let's do some graffiti on the stones kids, their only stones!" or "It's OK to leave your garbage here, it's only a bunch of stones." :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

You should see the outrage when someone claims that aitm's dog is just a fucking bag of meat and decided to push it down a cliff.

The argument would be very different, even though more people care about protecting an ancient rock formation than some guys' dog. But I guess whether or not something is worth making a fuss over is determined by what some specific guy on a forum has some kind of connection to, or something like that  :roll:

Solitary

Huh!  :-?   :rolleyes: I'd like to know how many would be outrage over him being pushed over a cliff. :shock:  :popcorn:  Solitary

Plu

Probably less people than are outraged over the breaking of an ancient rock formation. But remember, it's not how many people are outraged or cared about a thing, it's about whether a specific person believes the thing destroyed holds value.

aitm

Solitary

This was my point.

SmOff I think we should make this the law again because this is what I would want to do and that makes it right:
Quote§59 - If a man cut down a tree in a man's orchard, without the consent of the owner of the orchard, he shall pay one-half mina of silver.

§55 - If a man open his canal for irrigation and neglect it and the water carry away an adjacent field, he shall measure out grain on the basis of the adjacent fields.

§168 - If a man set his face to disinherit his son and say to the judges: "I will disinherit my son," the judges shall inquire into his antecedents, and if the son have not committed a crime sufficiently grave to cut him off from sonship, the father may not cut off his son from sonship.

§169 - If he have committed a crime against his father sufficiently grave to cut him off from sonship, they shall condone his first (offense). If he commit a crime a second time, the father may cut off his son from sonship.

§8 - If any one steal cattle or sheep, or an ass, or a pig or a goat, if it belong to a god or to the court, the thief shall pay thirtyfold therefor; if they belonged to a freed man of the king he shall pay tenfold; if the thief has nothing with which to pay he shall be put to death.

§196-201 - If a man destroy the eye of another man, they shall destroy his eye. If one break a man's bone, they shall break his bone. If one destroy the eye of a freeman or break the bone of a freeman he shall pay one mana of silver. If one destroy the eye of a man's slave or break a bone of a man's slave he shall pay one-half his price. If a man knock out a tooth of a man of his own rank, they shall knock out his tooth. If one knock out a tooth of a freeman, he shall pay one-third mana of silver.

§218-219 - If a physician operate on a man for a severe wound with a bronze lancet and cause that man's death; or open an abscess (in the eye) of a man with a bronze lancet and destroy the man's eye, they shall cut off his fingers. If a physician operate on a slave of a freeman for a severe wound with a bronze lancet and cause his death, he shall restore a slave of equal value.

§229-232 - If a builder build a house for a man and do not make its construction firm, and the house which he has built collapse and cause the death of the owner of the house, that builder shall be put to death. If it cause the death of a son of the owner of the house, they shall put to death a son of that builder. If it cause the death of a slave of the owner of the house, he shall give the owner of the house a slave of equal value. If it destroy property, he shall restore whatever it destroyed, and because he did not make the house which he built firm and it collapsed, he shall rebuild the house which collapsed from his own property (i.e., at his own expense).

§21 - If a man make a breach in a house, they shall put him to death in front of that breach and they shall thrust him therein.

§195 - If a son strike his father, they shall cut off his fingers.

Just think of the money this would save by not needing prisons, and how it would protect society.

SmOn    I value nature and don't like it destroyed because I enjoy the beauty of it in it's natural setting. It was more than just because it was a rock toppled over, it was the attitude of the kind of people that get a kick out of destroying things they don't value and think it's OK teach children to have the same attitude that it's OK just because it is just a rock formation or anything else they don't value like the life of animals or humans in many cases because it is so easy to do. It takes intelligence to be creative, but even a dumb rock can kill by falling over. Do we really want to teach kids to be as dumb as a rock and destroy instead of being creative and intelligent? Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe they ought to put that fucking rock to good use and give the guy an enema with it..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:-k  "A rolling stone gathers no moss." Or so my six psychiatrists told me.  :shock: Solitary

aitm

There are "ancient" rock formations all over the world..really.. all over the fucking world, mountains of them in many many cases, in some cases they are mere sandhills, undisturbed for billions of years not even by air, all this majestic wonder that someday may be destroyed just by a guy crawling through a cave.... OH THE HORROR ,THE HORROR, THAT GRANULE OF SAND HAS PERCHED THERE FOR 4 BILLION YEARS !!!

or the poor mountains ..*sobs*.... the poor mountains that were gods gift to us and we cut through them, we blew off their sides so we could drive our goddamn cars around them...or ....or OH MY GOD .....OH MY GOD...WHAT ABOUT THE ROCKS UNDER THE DIRT THAT HAVE REMAINED THAT WAY FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS AND WE FUCKED THEM TO BUILD OUR HOUSES......THE HORROR....THE MOTHER FUCKIN HORROR!!!!!!!     !!!!!!     !!!!   (and just in case thats not enough ! ) !!!!!!

:rollin:

Solitary

There are buildings all over the world..really.. all over the fucking world, mountains of them in many cases, in some cases they are mere cottages, undisturbed for hundreds of years by rain and win  , all this majestic architecture that someday may be destroyed just by a guy in a car or plane.... OH THE HORROR ,THE HORROR, THAT HOUSE HAS STOOD THERE FOR a hundred YEARS !!!

or the poor landscaping..*sobs*.... the poor landscaping the plants that were gods gift to us and we let them go to hell, we tore down the fences so we could drive our goddamn cars into them...or ....or OH MY GOD .....OH MY GOD...WHAT ABOUT THE OIL UNDER THAT HAVE REMAINED THAT WAY FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS AND WE FUCKED THE OIL COMPANIES TO BUILD OUR HOUSES......THE HORROR....THE MOTHER FUCKIN HORROR!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!! (and just in case that's not enough ! ) !!!!!! I'll put more !!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! BS.    Where do you live, I'd like to put some graffiti art on it, it's only a building.  :P  :lol: Solitary

aitm

AllPurposeAtheist

It sort of reminds me of bumper stickers I see in Ohio.. SAVE THE WHALES..

Ya know.. I've sat on the shores of the Miami river many times and have yet to see a single whale there.. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

He! He!   :lol:   I remember a time in California when the people were all upset about a Sea Otter being in captivity and finally protested enough to have him freed. They had a big celebration with even a band playing when they let the Sea Otter back in the ocean laying on his back eating a clam they gave him----------When all of a sudden an Orca came up and swallowed him. End of celebration!  :lol:  :-k  :cry: Solitary